• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1
Phil, you still haven't got the debug logging turned on. In your first log you had it turned on for about a minute, but then turned it off again before you did anything else. Instructions on how to turn this setting are in the first post in this thread, in the instructions you followed to create the debug logs and in the post I made yesterday specifically asking you to turn the debug logging on. The logs you are posting won't be of any use until this is done.

To help you know when debug logging is turned on: You will see something like the following on the top left of XBMC when debug logging is turned on, and this info will appear on top of whatever else you are doing in XBMC until you turn debug logging off again:
click here to see image

If you don't see something like that then debug logging is not turned on.

From the post directly above the one you replied to
(2014-03-27, 12:46)Mossy Wrote: Release 2.0.15, see first post for details. Direct download from here.

Download the file starting with "Frodo_Gotham..."

Quote:Just a further piece of information . i am working from Portugal and am Using Overplays smart DNS server. But as I said this has been working fine both on my PC and my Matricom Box untill just a couple of nights ago and now I am unable to get aertv on either my pc or matricaom box. Just in case it helps!!

If by "my PC and my Matricom Box" you mean not using XBMC but through a browser or another app then would explain it. If you can't log on to www.aertv.ie via a browser then you're not going to be able to do the same in XBMC.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
(2014-03-27, 23:03)Mossy Wrote: Phil, you still haven't got the debug logging turned on. In your first log you had it turned on for about a minute, but then turned it off again before you did anything else. Instructions on how to turn this setting are in the first post in this thread, in the instructions you followed to create the debug logs and in the post I made yesterday specifically asking you to turn the debug logging on. The logs you are posting won't be of any use until this is done.

To help you know when debug logging is turned on: You will see something like the following on the top left of XBMC when debug logging is turned on, and this info will appear on top of whatever else you are doing in XBMC until you turn debug logging off again:
click here to see image

If you don't see something like that then debug logging is not turned on.

From the post directly above the one you replied to
(2014-03-27, 12:46)Mossy Wrote: Release 2.0.15, see first post for details. Direct download from here.

Download the file starting with "Frodo_Gotham..."

Quote:Just a further piece of information . i am working from Portugal and am Using Overplays smart DNS server. But as I said this has been working fine both on my PC and my Matricom Box untill just a couple of nights ago and now I am unable to get aertv on either my pc or matricaom box. Just in case it helps!!

If by "my PC and my Matricom Box" you mean not using XBMC but through a browser or another app then would explain it. If you can't log on to www.aertv.ie via a browser then you're not going to be able to do the same in XBMC.

Can you take a look at the contents of the following file (e.g. open in it Notepad) and check that your password is correct?

Code:
C:\Users\Philip\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.irishtv\settings.xml
Sorry mossie. I have switched on logging as I can see what you described. I switched it on and then went into the addon aertv and tried to open it so that I got the error. I then switched loging off. Should I leave it on when I send the link.
To clarify I have xbmc loaded on my PC and I also have a matricom box which is connected to my tv. I am having problems on both . However I can go into aertv on my browser and it works fine, so the problem is something in my setup in xbmcû
(2014-03-27, 23:17)Philmang Wrote: I have switched on logging as I can see what you described. I switched it on and then went into the addon aertv and tried to open it so that I got the error. I then switched loging off. Should I leave it on when I send the link.

Nope, no need to leave it on, that should do it. If you are describing a new log you are now creating then that should be fine. However if you are describing what you did to create the first two logs, well both of those logs say that the debug logging was off when you opened AerTV.
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
(2014-03-27, 23:27)Mossy Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 23:17)Philmang Wrote: I have switched on logging as I can see what you described. I switched it on and then went into the addon aertv and tried to open it so that I got the error. I then switched loging off. Should I leave it on when I send the link.

Nope, no need to leave it on, that should do it. If you are describing a new log you are now creating then that should be fine. However if you are describing what you did to create the first two logs, well both of those logs say that the debug logging was off when you opened AerTV.

please let this be a valid log !!!

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159896

checked password and that is fine . as is email address.
Release 2.0.16, see first post for details. Direct download from here.

Thanks Phil, that was it.

The problem was that I made an error in calculating a cookie expiry date relating to the AerTV login. This would affect anyone who first started their subscription more than 30 days ago, now fixed in 2.0.16.

Thanks for finding this bug and taking the time to get the debug log done.
will rte on demand still work ?
if i make an account premium account that is can log into mine and my fathers box in xbmc with the same username and password ?

will rte on demand still work ?
if i make an account premium account that is can log into mine and my fathers box in xbmc with the same username and password ?
The RTE Player section still works, including live RTE1 and RTE2.

A shared AerTV subscription will work at least in the short run, but I don't know what aertv will do if they notice that an account is being used simultaneously from two different addresses. You could ask aertv ([email protected], https://twitter.com/aertv) about account sharing (e.g. "If I subscribe can my father and I use the same account at the same time"), but if you do there's no need to confuse things by mention XBMC or the plugin, just talk about it as if you are viewing with a web browser.
(2014-03-28, 01:09)Mossy Wrote: Release 2.0.16, see first post for details. Direct download from here.

Thanks Phil, that was it.

The problem was that I made an error in calculating a cookie expiry date relating to the AerTV login. This would affect anyone who first started their subscription more than 30 days ago, now fixed in 2.0.16.

Thanks for finding this bug and taking the time to get the debug log done.
Mossie first of all thank you for finding the problem so quickly. AerTV now loads and shows the channels . But I still have a problem I am sorry to say. When i try to open a channels it times out trying to locate the URL or stream. I have take a log which is attached . Would you mind taking a look to see what might be causing this problem. once again thank you.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=160625
The log shows that you are getting a 504 response code during the process that determines how to the get the video stream. This response code means that a server the plugin is connecting to has timed out waiting for another server or resource to become available to it.

Usually this kind of problem is out your control, but you may be able to get around the problem by trying again, or trying later.

It's also possible the problem is caused by your DNS redirector, but hopefully the problem will just go away.

If the problem persists then try a couple of different channels to see if any of them work.
(2014-03-29, 13:07)Mossy Wrote: The log shows that you are getting a 504 response code during the process that determines how to the get the video stream. This response code means that a server the plugin is connecting to has timed out waiting for another server or resource to become available to it.

Usually this kind of problem is out your control, but you may be able to get around the problem by trying again, or trying later.

It's also possible the problem is caused by your DNS redirector, but hopefully the problem will just go away.

If the problem persists then try a couple of different channels to see if any of them work.

thank you. Will retry.
Been trying all channels at various times but always the same error. message ERROR GETTING RTMP URL. Could it be anything else which might have cause this . Is there anything in settings should change. It just seems very strange that everything was ok and now nothing . gets stuck at about 25% each time.

I have included another log just in case it helps.

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=161376
It could be your smart DNS server.

Try it in a browser see if it still works there.
Mossey it works fine in the browser and on the app on my ipad? Very strange.
You are definitely getting a 504 response code, but the fact that you are only getting this in the plugin suggests that the plugin is at fault.

It could be that the there in an error in the request being sent by the plugin that somehow causes the server to experience the timeout. In order to investigate this I need to change the plugin to log exactly what is being sent to the server. With that information I can compare what happens when you try to run the plugin with what happens when I try to run the plugin more closely.

All you need to do is post another debug log when I make the next release.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.17