• 29(current)
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.1
@28064212 & tomjoe RTE is not working right now (except for RTE 1 and 2 live), see post #403.

@matthew palmer The aertv section will not appear until you add your login details in the plugin settings. If you still have a problem after that, you need to submit a debug log (see first post).
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
hi mossy
thanks for that . it does appear but the channels like nik jr ,mtv etc does not . i can only get them on the laptop through the website .
when you sign up to aertv and magnet you get these extra channels.
See my last post
People have been asking me for a Donate button, so if you want to buy me a drink > here it is <
Hi Mosy,

Can you please explain to me where i can get you link for the Irish tv. I cant find you in add-ons, i would greatly appreciate it if you could simplify as best as you can for me. I am new to this kind of technology and i am using a g-box midnight.

Thanks
Smile 
(2014-05-17, 02:15)Ronymc24 Wrote: Hi Mosy, http://forum.xbmc.org/images/icons/smile.gif

Can you please explain to me where i can get you link for the Irish tv. I cant find you in add-ons, i would greatly appreciate it if you could simplify as best as you can for me. I am new to this kind of technology and i am using a g-box midnight.

Thanks

I am also in Canada and a novice with the mx2 box, have had it for 3 weeks now and have never been able to get RTE without script errors...very frustrating! I would really like to know how to do it as well. I have Mossy in the repository and IrishTV is enabled but every time I get Script Failure plugin.video.irishtv. If anyone has the time to walk us through the fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for any help!
(2014-05-17, 02:15)Ronymc24 Wrote: Hi Mosy,

Thanks

System | Settings | Add-ons | Get Addons | XBMC.org Add-ons | Video Addons | Irish TV

Shamrock17 Wrote:I am also in Canada and a novice with the mx2 box, have had it for 3 weeks now and have never been able to get RTE without script errors...very frustrating! I would really like to know how to do it as well. I have Mossy in the repository and IrishTV is enabled but every time I get Script Failure plugin.video.irishtv. If anyone has the time to walk us through the fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Mossy Wrote:@Ronymc24 There's a link to the wiki in the first post that explains the options for people abroad.

Beautiful Rock Wrote:
Ronymc24 Wrote:Hi Mossy,

I can't get the irish tv addon working it keeps saying script failed. I am currently living in Canada would that be a reason for it being like that. I am running the xbmc of the mx2 g-box. Can you please help me fix this problem thanks.
Hi, as Mossy said in his reply, you need to use either a VPN or DNS masking service. I live in Asia and use a DNS service, that works very well. The two best options are Overplay or UnoTelly. Just Google them and you will find their web sites.

I also use the MX box and it is easy to change your DNS settings on it, have posted the instructions, on here previously so scroll back a few pages. However, if you have any difficulties let me know and I will try to help.
(2014-05-18, 15:31)Mossy Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 02:15)Ronymc24 Wrote: Hi Mosy,

Thanks

System | Settings | Add-ons | Get Addons | XBMC.org Add-ons | Video Addons | Irish TV

Shamrock17 Wrote:I am also in Canada and a novice with the mx2 box, have had it for 3 weeks now and have never been able to get RTE without script errors...very frustrating! I would really like to know how to do it as well. I have Mossy in the repository and IrishTV is enabled but every time I get Script Failure plugin.video.irishtv. If anyone has the time to walk us through the fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Mossy Wrote:@Ronymc24 There's a link to the wiki in the first post that explains the options for people abroad.

Beautiful Rock Wrote:
Ronymc24 Wrote:Hi Mossy,

I can't get the irish tv addon working it keeps saying script failed. I am currently living in Canada would that be a reason for it being like that. I am running the xbmc of the mx2 g-box. Can you please help me fix this problem thanks.
Hi, as Mossy said in his reply, you need to use either a VPN or DNS masking service. I live in Asia and use a DNS service, that works very well. The two best options are Overplay or UnoTelly. Just Google them and you will find their web sites.

I also use the MX box and it is easy to change your DNS settings on it, have posted the instructions, on here previously so scroll back a few pages. However, if you have any difficulties let me know and I will try to help.

Beautiful Rock, I scrolled back to page 20 where you kindly posted instructions for the mx2 box and changing DNS settings. When I go to settings and go to the advanced options, change IP address to static nothing else comes up, there is no place to enter DNS1 and DNS2 as per your instructions. Needless to say I'm still getting script errors for IrishTV. Funnily enough I know of people in Toronto who get connected without problem and they haven't go a VPN acct or a hidden IP. address. Any suggestions?
Beautiful Rock, I scrolled back to page 20 where you kindly posted instructions for the mx2 box and changing DNS settings. When I go to settings and go to the advanced options, change IP address to static nothing else comes up, there is no place to enter DNS1 and DNS2 as per your instructions. Needless to say I'm still getting script errors for IrishTV. Funnily enough I know of people in Toronto who get connected without problem and they haven't go a VPN acct or a hidden IP. address. Any suggestions?

Hi Shamrock, don't worry you are getting very close to getting it working. There is a place to enter the DNS and it is on the same screen as where you selected the static IP address. All you need to do is scroll down a bit further and you will see it? Then just overwrite it with the DNS numbers suggested by your provider.

Interesting to know that others can access without any DNS side step. Unfortunately, cannot confirm as I use the DNS service for iplayer, sky Go etc and am certain that neither of those would work without it.

Will check back on here later today so just let me know if any issues.

Good luck.
Hi beautiful rock those your provider generate the the DNS numbers for you?
Still have no luck. Did all the DNS steps as well, but IrishTV still displays the same old error message. Very frustrating...
'Ronymc24'
Hi beautiful rock those your provider generate the the DNS numbers for you?

Dependes which service you are using, on Overplay they provide them to you, depending on the server nearest to your location, with UnoTelly they actually show you a map with their servers (and DNS numbers) and you choose the one closest to you.

Shamrock, a long shot here but did you turn the box off when you changed your DNS? Also, have you logged on to providers website so that they match your IP address?

Do you use the DNS on any other devices i.e. Ipad/laptop etc? If you do then try RTE player/BBC i player etc and see if they work. Note, you will also need to change your DNS on these devices.

Also, only the live feeds are working at this moment.

Finally, if all else fails then you will need to do a debug log for Mossy and he will try to help you am sure. See page 1, on here, to see how to generate a debug log.
(2014-05-16, 12:38)matthew palmer Wrote: hi mossy
thanks for that . it does appear but the channels like nik jr ,mtv etc does not . i can only get them on the laptop through the website .
when you sign up to aertv and magnet you get these extra channels.

hi mossy . im not sure how to debug that problem as its not a case of the extra premium channels not working just that the extra channels like nick jr and mtv work on my laptop through the website but dont show up on aertv in the plugin, ( you get these priemum channels when you sign up to magnet broadband and have a premium account with aer tv.. )

BTW that donation you got today is for you to have 4 drinks on me Wink Guinness preferably.
Turn on debug logging, run plugin, observe that the extra channels like nick jr and mtv do not show up on aertv in the plugin, upload debug log. See first post for debug log info.
(2014-05-22, 12:11)Mossy Wrote: Turn on debug logging, run plugin, observe that the extra channels like nick jr and mtv do not show up on aertv in the plugin, upload debug log. See first post for debug log info.

Hi mossy how to you link the debug log into irish tv, does it automatically add or how do I do it?
Once you turn on debug logging it'll log debug information for everything you do to the XBMC log until you turn debug logging off again.

So, yeah, it works automagically for whatever you plugin you need it for.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Irish TV (Video) Addon, RTE, TV3, AerTV, TG4 v.2.1.17