• 10(current)
v12 Neon 2.5.9
(2013-03-04, 12:07)rexxyic4 Wrote: Anyway, thanks for keeping the project alive and for all the work you've put in. I'm sure I speak on behalf of all neon users when I say it's very much appreciated.

I concur .. Thanks alot Kibje. Long time user of this "style" going all the way back the original Horizon and Aeon skins. Only skin visually I liked more was the main screen of Night (another Aeon spin-off) which had cleaner textures on the main screen, but all the additional things Neon does makes it my skin of choice Smile
Thanks for the support guys !

I am working on a major skin code cleanup, which will take quite some time but will probably speed up the skin a bit (and bring us closer to ever being included in the default repo.)
Recently, another fan decided he wanted to start skinning Neon as well and I am currently working together with him - exciting developments.
Hi Kibje,

Great news! Neon is the greatest skin to date. Flexible, fast and lean. I'll be monitoring this thread closely (as I have done for the past weeks).

Keep up the good work!

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
Here are few more issues if you're interested in ironing them all out.

- Multiplex (588) / movies: when extrathumbs are enabled but are missing an empty frame/reflection is shown
- Showcase (58) / movies: when extrathumbs are enabled but are missing an empty frame/reflection is shown
- List (50) / movies: Dark View does nothing
- Media view (53) / movies: Dark View does nothing
- Land panel (57) / tvshows: tvshow poster is stretched vertically, looks quite bad
- 16x9 (59) / tvshows: tvshow logo is a bit too big, it goes over the border a little bit. Logo scales down badly and becomes pixelated
- Landscape (52) / tvshows: poster is stretched vertically instead of using fan art.
- Media view 2 (503) / music videos: plot is in the middle of the screen
- DialogVideoInfo does not stretch to fullscreen, i'm not sure if it's supposed to or not. There's a narrow horizontal piece of background visible at 1280*800 resolution

Like i said, i'm only bringing to this your attention in case you want to squash every little bug there is.
(2013-03-08, 10:55)toiva Wrote: Here are few more issues if you're interested in ironing them all out
<....>
Like i said, i'm only bringing to this your attention in case you want to squash every little bug there is.

Thanks for the issue list - I will look at each item, several are quite easy to fix. Added issues #20, #21, #22 and #23.
I hope to have some development time soon again.

One fast question: Are you running everything on 1280x800 ?
In that case some things are bound to be streched, since this skin is designed for a 16:9 aspect ratio (more specifically - 720p).
That probably explains the DialogVideoInfo issue, which is a screen I have looked at a bit already.
Yes everything was tested at 1280*800, but some of the issues are obviously only because of wrong/old infolabels used, like the stretched posters.
Agreed, and was just making sure. I have not added that DialogVideoInfo line as an issue yet - want to check at 16:9 first to see if it occurs then.
Now i cannot reproduce it anymore with dialogvideoinfo.. Well anyways since the background actually isn't even 16:9, it's 1300*720, why not just stretch it so that it covers the whole screen with any resolution? Since it's a background there's no harm done.

Found couple more issues:

- DialogVideoInfo for music videos broken
- Episode title missing from dialogvideoinfo
- Overlapping breadcrumbs/video count (in top left corner) in all music video views

watch gallery
Toiva,

if you want to help with these smaller issues, feel free to fork my github and submit pull requests.
Or post modified xml's on pastebin and send me the link Wink

Just a few remarks:
* Land Panel view is only available on the episode level but you seem to be using it somewhere else ?
* There is no Music Videos view in Neon, did you create that yourself ?
* I can't reproduce some of the issues you are seeing, and think you might have set up views with an older version of Neon, is this possible >?
(2013-03-08, 10:55)toiva Wrote: - DialogVideoInfo does not stretch to fullscreen, i'm not sure if it's supposed to or not. There's a narrow horizontal piece of background visible at 1280*800 resolution
Fixed for all resolutions (#24)
(2013-03-08, 13:09)Kibje Wrote: Toiva,

if you want to help with these smaller issues, feel free to fork my github and submit pull requests.
Or post modified xml's on pastebin and send me the link Wink

Just a few remarks:
* Land Panel view is only available on the episode level but you seem to be using it somewhere else ?
* There is no Music Videos view in Neon, did you create that yourself ?
* I can't reproduce some of the issues you are seeing, and think you might have set up views with an older version of Neon, is this possible >?

- Land panel at tv show level is visible when you turn on "use posters for tv" in the skin settings. I would get ride of the "use posters/banners" setting, make all layout visible without that skin setting as condition and use the new infolabels for poster/banner/thumb etc.

- I use concertdb scraper and the musicvideos are visible by default in Neon. They are scraped as music video type but they use the same poster/fanart sizes what the movies use. And you can see that there at lot of container.content(musicvideos) as visibility conditions in Neon.

- I use the stock Neon from Passion repo, i haven't made any changes.

In theory i'd like to participate fixing these issues but i don't know how to use GIT (would like to learn though some day), and my time is pretty limited as well. Sad
(2013-03-09, 13:15)toiva Wrote: Land panel at tv show level is visible when you turn on "use posters for tv" in the skin settings. I would get ride of the "use posters/banners" setting, make all layout visible without that skin setting as condition and use the new infolabels for poster/banner/thumb etc
Well, I don't have much time at the moment - but I changed the picture selected in LandPanel. When on TVShow level it will show fanart, when at episode level it will show thumbs for the episodes. If you want to try that around, try this Viewtype_PanelLandscape.xml

Could you explain 'the new infolabels for poster, banner, thumb' ?
In Frodo both posters and banners are scraped automatically for tv shows and both are available for skinners to pick from. So there's no need to have a skin setting which enables poster and banner type views. You can make all tv show views visible and use the infolabels to specify per view basis which piece of art you want to show (ListItem.Art(poster), ListItem.Art(banner) etc.)

This skin setting was needed in Eden because there was only 1 info label available for tvshow art, and user had to enable this skin setting based on his/her's TVDB scraper settings.

Real example

Eden

Code:
<control type="group">
                <posx>710</posx>
                <posy>245</posy>
                <visible>Container.Content(TVShows) + !Skin.HasSetting(TVShowsUsePosters)</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <width>530</width>
                    <height>110</height>
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
                    <bordertexture border="8">ThumbShadow.png</bordertexture>
                    <bordersize>8</bordersize>
                </control>

Frodo

Code:
<control type="group">
                <posx>710</posx>
                <posy>245</posy>
                <visible>Container.Content(TVShows)</visible>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>0</posy>
                    <width>530</width>
                    <height>110</height>
                    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]</texture>
                    <bordertexture border="8">ThumbShadow.png</bordertexture>
                    <bordersize>8</bordersize>
                </control>
Ah, well I get that. It is just a really big load of work because the code is less-than-optimal.
(2013-02-26, 22:50)Randall Lind Wrote: TV Tunes doesn't seem be working for me. Is there an hidden setting I am missing? Works in Aeon Nox

I am also having this issue. I tested on Nox/Glass Nox and the tv theme.mp3 files play perfectly. I love Neon and don't want switch to another skin. Is there any reason that TV Tunes is not working with this skin? I have the latest version of Neon and TVTunes. Thanks for the help!

And, Kibje, thanks for all your hard work.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon 2.5.93