• 5(current)
v12 Neon 2.5.9
(2013-01-31, 11:04)Kibje Wrote: [quote='toiva' pid='1318015' dateline='1359621753']
TV show clearlogo shows twice in the dialogvideoinfo, once in the correct place and the second time on top of the tv show description.

Fixed it, you can see for yourself by replacing your DialogVideoInfo.xml with this DialogVideoInfo.xml

First, thank you for getting this skin working with Frodo. Neon is my favorite XBMC skin.

I am seeing one issue with the new version of Neon: I am using the panel view, and in the old version it used to mark "watched" items with a translucent check mark in the corner of the thumbnail. The new version doesn't seem to do that. I can hide the watched items, but sometimes I would like to see everything and be able to tell at a glance what I have watched and what I haven't.

The version of Neon I have installed is 2.5.7.1359399692, running on XBMC Frodo (new release version) under Ubuntu Linux 32-bit.
(2013-01-31, 22:55)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: First, thank you for getting this skin working with Frodo. Neon is my favorite XBMC skin.

I am seeing one issue with the new version of Neon: I am using the panel view, and in the old version it used to mark "watched" items with a translucent check mark in the corner of the thumbnail. The new version doesn't seem to do that. I can hide the watched items, but sometimes I would like to see everything and be able to tell at a glance what I have watched and what I haven't.

The version of Neon I have installed is 2.5.7.1359399692, running on XBMC Frodo (new release version) under Ubuntu Linux 32-bit.

Have you selected "Enable TV Series Watched Overlays" in Settings - Appereance - Skin Settings ?
What is the exact name of the view you are using ?
Hi Kibje,

Again thanks for your efforts in these updates, we all very much appreciate your help with Stoli's excellent skin..

Here is some minor formatting issues, I have noticed with "Recent TV Shows and Recent Movies"

Pressing Up on either Movies or TV Shows gives a description, but the formatting seems to be just a little off..

Top of the text is cut off on both TV Shows and Movies...

PS... I have two more formatting issues to report to you later (don't want to overwhelm you... Wink)
Meanwhile I will dive into some of the LiveTV XML stuff and see if I can help out with some updates there.

Please let me know the other two issues as well. This one was already known, it is in my own github issue list

I am the progress of updating the FAQ in the first post to be more up to date.

EDIT: I edited the first post to make known errors and already fixed errors more visible.
(2013-01-31, 23:53)Kibje Wrote: Please let me know the other two issues as well. This one was already known, it is in my own github issue list

I am the progress of updating the FAQ in the first post to be more up to date.

I believe this may of been discussed earlier, but here is a screenshot of the graphic being displayed twice, with text over the top.

I just looked at your replacement DialogVideoInfo.XML, and replaced the older one, this now crashes Neon quite badly when I press the "Info" button on my remote, and will not allow me to press Info on any shows, like in the screenshot, the page doesn't load, XBMC becomes unresponsive, and then it drops to windows.... I have re replaced the old DialogVideoInfo.XML and it's working again.

Please don't push that update until you or others can confirm, this issue with it.
(2013-01-31, 20:57)RFinn Wrote: 2. Can't select resolution in settings.

If I go into settings to system and video output my resolution is listed as 1440x900, though I am fairly sure it's actually 1920x1080. If I try to use the up or down arrows to change the resolution nothing happens. If I try to move off this option after hitting up or done, it asks me if I want to keep the resolution, but nothing changes.

That doesn't seem like it would be skin specific but rather system and not even XBMC but your OS. Honestly 1440x900 looks like a laptop res and is acutally 16:10 while 1920x1080 is 16x9. What are you running xbmc on??
(2013-01-31, 03:55)Freakish Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 22:10)toiva Wrote: I took a peek and the extendedprogressbardialog is on the left here as well..

Yep, and also the dialog does not appear on top of playing videos etc, anymore...

It's been moved to the left, and is now hidden behind video as well.

Umm .. I'm pretty sure for awhile now xbmc has been hiding the progress bar if you start up a video. I honestly can't remember when I saw it last during this scenario.
(2013-02-01, 00:44)pletopia Wrote: Umm .. I'm pretty sure for awhile now xbmc has been hiding the progress bar if you start up a video. I honestly can't remember when I saw it last during this scenario.

If that is the general consensus, no problems... It wasn't like that for me in Eden previously, and I personally would like to be able to see the update screen, when I'm watching stuff as it would be useful, But if others don't care or agree, than no harm no foul.

(2013-01-31, 22:57)Kibje Wrote: Have you selected "Enable TV Series Watched Overlays" in Settings - Appereance - Skin Settings ?

That was the problem. I forgot that when I uninstalled the old version, all my previous settings were erased. Thanks.

(2013-02-01, 01:32)Freakish Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 00:44)pletopia Wrote: Umm .. I'm pretty sure for awhile now xbmc has been hiding the progress bar if you start up a video. I honestly can't remember when I saw it last during this scenario.
If that is the general consensus, no problems... It wasn't like that for me in Eden previously, and I personally would like to be able to see the update screen, when I'm watching stuff as it would be useful, But if others don't care or agree, than no harm no foul.
It has little to do with consensus. I believe pletopia is right and XBMC Frodo simply does not call that dialog when a video is running.
If that is the case it should be like that in every skin you install in Frodo.

(2013-02-01, 00:24)Freakish Wrote: I just looked at your replacement DialogVideoInfo.XML, and replaced the older one, this now crashes Neon quite badly when I press the "Info" button on my remote, and will not allow me to press Info on any shows, like in the screenshot, the page doesn't load, XBMC becomes unresponsive, and then it drops to windows.... I have re replaced the old DialogVideoInfo.XML and it's working again.

Please don't push that update until you or others can confirm, this issue with it.
Please try this DialogVideoInfo.xml instead - it has the relevant change but it does not have the action I did afterwards (fixing the horrible indentation)
(2013-02-01, 10:18)Kibje Wrote: Please try this DialogVideoInfo.xml instead - it has the relevant change but it does not have the action I did afterwards (fixing the horrible indentation)

Good work Kibje, that new version solved both problems, no crashing, and no double graphics.

Hmm, something must have gone wrong when I corrected the indentation in that file then.

I just performed a history rebase in git (very ugly!) because I wanted to remove the commit I had already pushed. If anyone has a git clone of my github they will have errors - sorry =)
Because of my rebase the original link now points to a valid file - you can't see what I borked up anymore... Tongue
Freakish,

Did you notice any other issues with the skin?
Please screenshot and post them and I'll try to include them in my time this weekend as well.
My current plan is to work on the Recent Items and Rendom Items view, but I assume I will have time left.
Hello.

I would first like to thank all of you who is working on this great skin, the only one I can stand when using XBMC.

I have a question though, I don´t really know if this problem is related to the skin, my setup or plan and simple XBMC by itself. The problem I am talking about is the landscape pictures, I have scraped all my artwork locally and it´s working fine with everything except the landscape pictures.

There is an option in the skin settings called "Use a local landscape.jpg insted of regular thumb on TV level" which is ofc checked. But when I am using the view called Media View they are not showing and instead the fanart is showing both in the thumb and in the background.

Picture

The funny thing is that it shows up in the views called 3D Landscape and landscape.

OS you run XBMC on: Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.
XBMC version: Frodo Retail
Neon skin version: 2.5.7.1359399692
Issues you have detected: Noted above.

(2013-01-31, 20:57)RFinn Wrote: Thanks for everyone's great work on this skin. Neon has been my default since it was first made and I'd hate the idea of having to switch to something else so I'm really glad to see people keeping it going and getting it ready for Frodo.

I've been using the git version since Tuesday along with the final release of Frodo, and it looks like most of the things I've noticed have already been addressed. There's only two other things I've noticed that I'm not sure are skin related, or having to do with XBMC itself. Apologies if they aren't skin-related.

1. Clearlogos added manually aren't picked up.

Prior to the artwork downloader addon existing, I would download my logos and place them in the main TV show folder as logo.png and XBMC would pick them up and display them. I still do this occasionally if there isn't a logo on FanartTV and I need to make it myself.

Since switching to the GIT version of Neon it doesn't pick up any of my existing logos and I was only able to get logos to show up by using artwork downloader to download new ones. However, it doesn't seem to store them in the main TV show folder any more as many of the new ones are different from what I have in the folder. If I go to "Choose Artwork" I can tell it to use the logo in the main TV show folder, but this option isn't available if there isn't already a logo downloaded with the artwork downloader.

I don't know if this is just a change in how logos are handled, an issue with XBMC, or an issue with the skin. But the logos did show up using the old non-Frodo build of Neon on the Frodo final release.

2. Can't select resolution in settings.

If I go into settings to system and video output my resolution is listed as 1440x900, though I am fairly sure it's actually 1920x1080. If I try to use the up or down arrows to change the resolution nothing happens. If I try to move off this option after hitting up or done, it asks me if I want to keep the resolution, but nothing changes.

Otherwise everything is looking great. Thanks again for all the hard work.

OS you run XBMC on: Windows 7 64 bit
XBMC version: Frodo Final Release
Neon skin version: 2.5.7.1359399692
Issues you have detected: Noted above.

Maybe a late answer but anyway, here is the thing I did.

Go in to add-on settings for Artwork Downloader, scroll down to advanced and check the box that reads "Use local files". Then you check or uncheck the artwork you want to download and just run the add-on. Worked like a charm for me, picked up my local artwork instead of the standard one on artwork.tv.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon 2.5.93