• 4(current)
v12 Neon 2.5.9
The progress bar of library update won't show up for me. I've set XBMC to update the library at start up but the progress bar won't show up. I've tried enabled/disabled the "Hide progress of library update" option but it still doesn't work. Running other skins works fine.

I'm running XBMC v12 (Frodo) on Win7 with Neon 2.5.1.

Hopefully someone could help me out!
(2013-01-30, 20:37)Swedie Wrote: The progress bar of library update won't show up for me. I've set XBMC to update the library at start up but the progress bar won't show up. I've tried enabled/disabled the "Hide progress of library update" option but it still doesn't work. Running other skins works fine.

You need to upgrade to Neon 2.5.7 as explained in the first post. There is no support for Frodo in Neon 2.5.1 which is over a year old.
(2013-01-30, 20:42)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 20:37)Swedie Wrote: The progress bar of library update won't show up for me. I've set XBMC to update the library at start up but the progress bar won't show up. I've tried enabled/disabled the "Hide progress of library update" option but it still doesn't work. Running other skins works fine.

You need to upgrade to Neon 2.5.7 as explained in the first post. There is no support for Frodo in Neon 2.5.1 which is over a year old.

Yeah, I realized that! Works fine using 2.5.7! Although I'm not able to hide menus (music/photos/etc), but I guess that support for this will be added in time.

Thanks for your good work, Kibje!
(2013-01-30, 14:05)Kibje Wrote: m-o-r-g,

If you would like to test something: remove all references to the skin, reinstall it from the repository and check if the progress bar is still in the middle.
I still can't put my finger on that progressbar location.

(2013-01-30, 14:15)m-o-r-g Wrote: Will have a go tonight for you, (I'm at work right now. . . Not doing much work :-D)

Installed fresh V12, so the skin was presumably 'refreshed' and now the progress bars are to the left, and also the settings menu 's' is all offset too.
My AV Equipment

Virgin Media TiVo : Sony AV Receiver : Samsung LCD TV : PS3 : PC / HTPC (running xbmc) / Skin Neon / Aeon Nox
I took a peek and the extendedprogressbardialog is on the left here as well..

Isn't this animation the culprit

<animation effect="slide" end="-400,0" time="200" condition="Window.IsVisible(extendedprogressdialog)">conditional</animation>

If the dialog is supposed to be in the middle of the screen remove that and it should be ok.
You are right.

I removed those and all is good. No idea what they did there either.

Will be in next version.
(2013-01-30, 20:57)Swedie Wrote: Yeah, I realized that! Works fine using 2.5.7! Although I'm not able to hide menus (music/photos/etc), but I guess that support for this will be added in time.

Thanks for your good work, Kibje!

The skin settings have moved, are now under appearance, skin, settings
(2013-01-30, 22:10)toiva Wrote: I took a peek and the extendedprogressbardialog is on the left here as well..

Yep, and also the dialog does not appear on top of playing videos etc, anymore...

It's been moved to the left, and is now hidden behind video as well.
The move to the left has been fixed, I will look into it not showing on top of videos anymore.
(2013-01-30, 21:19)m-o-r-g Wrote: ... also the settings menu 's' is all offset too.

I will have a look at this tonight.
TV show clearlogo shows twice in the dialogvideoinfo, once in the correct place and the second time on top of the tv show description.

If i have the time i'll try to help as Neon is one of the nicer skins out there.
(2013-01-31, 10:42)toiva Wrote: TV show clearlogo shows twice in the dialogvideoinfo, once in the correct place and the second time on top of the tv show description.

If i have the time i'll try to help as Neon is one of the nicer skins out there.
I forgot to mention that I had that fixed weeks ago in my local git repository but forgot to push it to github before the skin came out.
I noticed it myself yesterday.
Consider it fixed.
Thanks for everyone's great work on this skin. Neon has been my default since it was first made and I'd hate the idea of having to switch to something else so I'm really glad to see people keeping it going and getting it ready for Frodo.

I've been using the git version since Tuesday along with the final release of Frodo, and it looks like most of the things I've noticed have already been addressed. There's only two other things I've noticed that I'm not sure are skin related, or having to do with XBMC itself. Apologies if they aren't skin-related.

1. Clearlogos added manually aren't picked up.

Prior to the artwork downloader addon existing, I would download my logos and place them in the main TV show folder as logo.png and XBMC would pick them up and display them. I still do this occasionally if there isn't a logo on FanartTV and I need to make it myself.

Since switching to the GIT version of Neon it doesn't pick up any of my existing logos and I was only able to get logos to show up by using artwork downloader to download new ones. However, it doesn't seem to store them in the main TV show folder any more as many of the new ones are different from what I have in the folder. If I go to "Choose Artwork" I can tell it to use the logo in the main TV show folder, but this option isn't available if there isn't already a logo downloaded with the artwork downloader.

I don't know if this is just a change in how logos are handled, an issue with XBMC, or an issue with the skin. But the logos did show up using the old non-Frodo build of Neon on the Frodo final release.

2. Can't select resolution in settings.

If I go into settings to system and video output my resolution is listed as 1440x900, though I am fairly sure it's actually 1920x1080. If I try to use the up or down arrows to change the resolution nothing happens. If I try to move off this option after hitting up or done, it asks me if I want to keep the resolution, but nothing changes.

Otherwise everything is looking great. Thanks again for all the hard work.

OS you run XBMC on: Windows 7 64 bit
XBMC version: Frodo Final Release
Neon skin version: 2.5.7.1359399692
Issues you have detected: Noted above.

I believe both are not skin related

Issue 1:
This is answered about a million times in the Artwork Downloader thread. I noticed it was driving the author mad.
If I remember correctly you need to either enable local files option in Artwork Downloader, rescrape your entire library, or both.

Issue 2:
I have no clue but I am fairly certain that this is not Neon related.
Is it the same in other skins ?
(2013-01-31, 10:08)Kibje Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 21:19)m-o-r-g Wrote: ... also the settings menu 's' is all offset too.
I will have a look at this tonight.

Could you try replacing your DialogButtonMenu.xml with this DialogButtonMenu.xml and tell me how that goes ?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon 2.5.93