Advanced Launcher Deletes Launchers.xml
Hi Guys,

I was busy updating thumbnails and fanart last night when I suddenly started getting addon.py script errors. After a bit of my own investigation I found that two thirds of my launchers.xml from advanced launcher had randomly been deleted. It literally looked like someone had selected the top two thirds and then hit the delete key. I've tried to catch this with a debug log running but cannot. Its very random. Here is a debug log when everything is working:

Debug Log

An example of what my launchers.xml looked like before the error: Link

I've managed to recreate the error a couple of times, but as soon as I turn debugging on of course it doesn't happen!
This only happens when I'm semi-automatically scraping for thumbnails and fanarts. At first it will say successfully downloaded, but when the page refreshes there are no changes. If I try again I sometimes get the addon.py error and then all my launcher settings for everything have to be done again :O

Any ideas? It doesn't look anywhere near as nice without images!

I should say that this is totally random - it might happen to one file one time and a completely different one next time I'm scraping. I have also tried locally linking to the files and the error still occurs indicating it is not related to the scraper module.

Any help always appreciated!

Thanks,

Max
(2013-01-22, 13:01)darksupernova Wrote: Hi Guys,

I was busy updating thumbnails and fanart last night when I suddenly started getting addon.py script errors. After a bit of my own investigation I found that two thirds of my launchers.xml from advanced launcher had randomly been deleted. It literally looked like someone had selected the top two thirds and then hit the delete key. I've tried to catch this with a debug log running but cannot. Its very random. Here is a debug log when everything is working:

Debug Log

An example of what my launchers.xml looked like before the error: Link

I've managed to recreate the error a couple of times, but as soon as I turn debugging on of course it doesn't happen!
This only happens when I'm semi-automatically scraping for thumbnails and fanarts. At first it will say successfully downloaded, but when the page refreshes there are no changes. If I try again I sometimes get the addon.py error and then all my launcher settings for everything have to be done again :O

Any ideas? It doesn't look anywhere near as nice without images!

I should say that this is totally random - it might happen to one file one time and a completely different one next time I'm scraping. I have also tried locally linking to the files and the error still occurs indicating it is not related to the scraper module.

Any help always appreciated!

Thanks,

Max
Like reported here, some old GIT versions of XBMC Frodo (RC2 and RC3) released around and of December and beginning of January, are known to delete "mysteriously" the launchers.xml file. With more recent versions of Frodo I do not have encounter this problem yet. I have to remind you that the RC3 version of XBMC still unstable and is reserved to developers use and not for end users. Never use these XBMC versions for HTPC daily use.

Thanks for your reply, problem is my main use for xbmc is air play which is only in frodo Sad
Im seeing this same problem on XBMCbuntu 12.0 release. Had it happen when scraping thumbs, top 2/3 of launcher.xml dissapeared. And also once when quitting zsnes - launchers.xml completely emptied to 0 bytes

advanced launcher 1.10.18
(2013-02-07, 10:33)kermzu Wrote: Im seeing this same problem on XBMCbuntu 12.0 release. Had it happen when scraping thumbs, top 2/3 of launcher.xml dissapeared. And also once when quitting zsnes - launchers.xml completely emptied to 0 bytes

advanced launcher 1.10.18
Advanced launcher is actually at version 1.12.0 : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=launcher

I noticed your sig after I posted, added the repository and installed 1.12.0. Seems to be working great now thanks
Be careful... Actually I'm not sure the bug is totally fixed. But the last version of Advanced Launcher include a backup feature that will avoid you to loose everything if it again occurs.
Well it happens after editing about 5 items in Helix now. Sad
Unfixed Kodi bug, I believe. Not something Angelscry can fix.
I am seeing this almost every day now. Basically everything in the launchers.xml is deleted and size goes back to 0. So can you be a bit more specific about this Kodi bug? As soon as I copy back a backed up version it works (for a little).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Launcher Deletes Launchers.xml0