Movies stopped working through SMB
Hey everyone. Looked through this forum and couldn't quite find what im looking for. Keep in mind, im technical savvy, but some of this networking stuff blows my mind. This is my set up:

Apple TV2 running XBMC "Eden", ethernet cabled into Time capsule (used as router). External HDD with movies on it is connected through usb port on time capsule. No computer was needed to make this all work.

I had everything working for months through SMB, movies were all scraped, showed up fan art and cover photos, could add movies wirelessly and everything worked flawlessly. This was under Videos and a movie tab. Now i can see my movies under the files tab but thats about it.

I was messing around with some settings on the time capsule trying to keep it from going to "sleep" and now i have no access to my movies, "no network connection", and a pop up that wants me to keep putting in a username and password. I do that and it seems to do nothing. I have messed with it for hours and am out of ideas. Is there another option to SMB to play the movies without a computer?

My debug log is below. Please help.

http://pastebin.com/tL6Nxbrb
(2013-01-22, 16:27)Stryker1513 Wrote: Hey everyone. Looked through this forum and couldn't quite find what im looking for. Keep in mind, im technical savvy, but some of this networking stuff blows my mind. This is my set up:

Apple TV2 running XBMC "Eden", ethernet cabled into Time capsule (used as router). External HDD with movies on it is connected through usb port on time capsule. No computer was needed to make this all work.

I had everything working for months through SMB, movies were all scraped, showed up fan art and cover photos, could add movies wirelessly and everything worked flawlessly. This was under Videos and a movie tab. Now i can see my movies under the files tab but thats about it.

I was messing around with some settings on the time capsule trying to keep it from going to "sleep" and now i have no access to my movies, "no network connection", and a pop up that wants me to keep putting in a username and password. I do that and it seems to do nothing. I have messed with it for hours and am out of ideas. Is there another option to SMB to play the movies without a computer?

My debug log is below. Please help.

http://pastebin.com/tL6Nxbrb

From your debug log it shows that you are setup to access the Time Capsule for SMB at 67.249.4.146. That address looks like your ISP provider address. Go into the airport utility and see what the address is now. I suspect that the IP address has changed and is no longer 67.249.4.146. You want the IP address to be a fixed address. Not sure how you would do that with the Time Capsule.

EDIT: Now that I think about this more the Time Capsule does have a static IP address it's called the router IP address which you can change. Try using that address.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies stopped working through SMB0