Release Plugin Slideshow Screensaver
I'm having a similar problem to that described on my previous post. Running plugin screensaver on a gbox midnight mx2 in combination with the flickr plugin. Symptoms: now instead of pictures I just get the "loading images" text indefinitely - its been like this for probably greater than one month. However, this time there is no problem accessing the settings. The flickr plugin still works well on the same system. I've uninstalled both plugins and updated to the latest versions accessible to my machine. What next?

Love this plugin, it is the standard display on the monitor in my living room.
So far I love the plugin, easy to use, and setup, and looks great on the little 19" tv I have my 1st gen pi hooked up to, but thought I'd see if I could provide any valuable input or feature requestsSmile

Any chance of making the Plugin slideshow work similar to the screensaver slideshow where the "background" over which the image pans and zooms is a larger version of the image but kind of lower in brightness? It's pretty nice in the fact it does something with the "black bars" that show up over and side to side of the photos.

Also, not sure if this is an issue with the plugin, or drop box, but it doesn't seem to work with multiple folders of images. I'm guessing it's the dropbox plugin? but also seems like this plugin could be reading deeper as the drop box plugin has support to read those folders. Currently I have to take everything and put them in one single folder if I want it to display the images. Not a great solution when working with large volumes of images.

Some enhancements like this would make it even more awesome tooSmile http://designelemental.net/mpanel/index....auth/index I especially like being able to overlay the weather and time, but not a big fan of having it hosted on someone's website, who may or may not take things down at some point, and all of these feature already seem to be built into Kodi.

Just saw the post about github feature requests, will see what I can do!

Thanks
C
I can't believe I've not come across this addon before ! It's exactly what I've been looking for and I just transferred my 20Gb of pictures from Box to OneDrive to use.

All my pictures are categorised into folders already (years/months, different events etc) . Is there any way the addon can automatically use pictures in sub folders etc ?

It would work oerfect for what I want then.

I did have the pictures on my NAS system using picture slideshow which worked great but I've lost 2 hard drives recently for some reason so showing from the cloud will be great

P.S. Also similar to what cklamp mentioned - Any chance of making the Plugin slideshow work similar to the screensaver slideshow where the "background" over which the image pans and zooms is a larger version of the image but kind of lower in brightness?
Hi ruuk, I realize you may have stopped development on this, but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm trying to set up your screensaver to point to a folder in the gdrive plugin. I can get to the folder I want to use without issue, but it doesn't seem to want to display any images there. All it does is show "loading photos..." and then turns black. Any ideas?
(2016-02-23, 16:32)Animal Wrote: I can't believe I've not come across this addon before ! It's exactly what I've been looking for and I just transferred my 20Gb of pictures from Box to OneDrive to use.

All my pictures are categorised into folders already (years/months, different events etc) . Is there any way the addon can automatically use pictures in sub folders etc ?

It would work oerfect for what I want then.

I did have the pictures on my NAS system using picture slideshow which worked great but I've lost 2 hard drives recently for some reason so showing from the cloud will be great

P.S. Also similar to what cklamp mentioned - Any chance of making the Plugin slideshow work similar to the screensaver slideshow where the "background" over which the image pans and zooms is a larger version of the image but kind of lower in brightness?

Glad you've found it useful. I'm pretty busy right now, so I won't be adding any features in the near future.

(2016-03-16, 23:03)canadiandude Wrote: Hi ruuk, I realize you may have stopped development on this, but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm trying to set up your screensaver to point to a folder in the gdrive plugin. I can get to the folder I want to use without issue, but it doesn't seem to want to display any images there. All it does is show "loading photos..." and then turns black. Any ideas?

While I'm not actively developing it at the moment, I'm still maintaining it. Why don't you get me a log and I'll see if there is an error.
(2016-03-16, 23:09)ruuk Wrote: While I'm not actively developing it at the moment, I'm still maintaining it. Why don't you get me a log and I'll see if there is an error.

Thanks ruuk, here you go: http://pastebin.com/SrSDaN3w
(2016-03-16, 23:09)ruuk Wrote: Glad you've found it useful. I'm pretty busy right now, so I won't be adding any features in the near future.

No worries at all. I'm more interested about displaying images from the folders as at the moment I'm getting just 20 pictures from 1 folder repeating Smile

Do you believe it is a big task to add this feature ? If not, I may have a look at the code myself and see if I can screw it up some haha

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any way to show xmp:title as part of caption?
(2016-03-16, 23:03)canadiandude Wrote: Hi ruuk, I realize you may have stopped development on this, but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm trying to set up your screensaver to point to a folder in the gdrive plugin. I can get to the folder I want to use without issue, but it doesn't seem to want to display any images there. All it does is show "loading photos..." and then turns black. Any ideas?

Hey canadiandude,

Did you manage to fix this problem?
Just installed gdrive and trying to have my photos as a screensaver - but getting the "Loading photos" then black screen here Sad

Did you find a solution or an alternative?

Thanks!
Moti

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin Slideshow Screensaver0