• 10(current)
WIP Celestium
(2014-02-28, 11:43)Hitcher Wrote: ...
And I'm back on-board in case anyone didn't get the memo. Wink
That's great news! Big Grin
This has got to be the best news ever. Alaska (then revisited) haven't left my XBMC install since released. This is just the next evolutionary step of Hitcher I say.
I want to try this but don't see a download link. Is it available yet?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
You've answered your own question.
Lol I guess I did.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Why is it taking this long to make a skin I'm reading post but am doubtful that it's gonna happen just because it's been this long already
(2014-05-14, 07:29)Chico0106 Wrote: Why is it taking this long to make a skin I'm reading post but am doubtful that it's gonna happen just because it's been this long already

Have you ever seen the code inside a skin? It will make you cross-eyed!!! Even the most simple skins, contain months and months of work!!!!

And the skinners also have personal lives, work, school etcetera!!!! I wanted to start skinning myself, but the amount of work (UNPAID!) turned me off completely!

The skinners/team XBMC should combine their knowledge, and create some kind of easy to use program, to build skins for XBMC without a gazillion lines of code.
Just for humor, I threw Aeon Nox in a character counter. Just the 1080i folder, so without language files/translations ect.

1,770,482 characters (82,198 recognizable words).
3,786 images

Compared to Foundation (54,021 char) and Confluence (252,951 char)
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2014-05-14, 12:51)Watts Wrote: The skinners/team XBMC should combine their knowledge, and create some kind of easy to use program, to build skins for XBMC without a gazillion lines of code.

Err... well that's quite likely precisely what the current skinning system is - in the sense of comparing the number of lines of code in a skin to what the equivalent would be in C++.
(2014-05-14, 17:48)twelvebore Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 12:51)Watts Wrote: The skinners/team XBMC should combine their knowledge, and create some kind of easy to use program, to build skins for XBMC without a gazillion lines of code.

Err... well that's quite likely precisely what the current skinning system is - in the sense of comparing the number of lines of code in a skin to what the equivalent would be in C++.

Err... That still requires knowledge of C++! I am talking about dragging, dropping and converting to a skin! Big Grin
(2014-05-15, 08:45)Watts Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 17:48)twelvebore Wrote:

Err... That still requires knowledge of C++! I am talking about dragging, dropping and converting to a skin! Big Grin

Problem with that "drag and drop" type system, if it ever existed, would be that skins become very similar looking and functionality is suddenly crippled due to not being able to write your own views etc. The current system, though clearly limited to those with a decent amount of coding knowledge, is great and has allowed skin designers to produce awesome new look and feel interfaces over the years.

I agree, to an extent with your request though.
I am anxiously waiting for a preview release. I'll donate something if I can get an alpha or beta to try!
(2014-05-15, 11:47)SmoothEmJay Wrote:
(2014-05-15, 08:45)Watts Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 17:48)twelvebore Wrote: Err... well that's quite likely precisely what the current skinning system is - in the sense of comparing the number of lines of code in a skin to what the equivalent would be in C++.

Problem with that "drag and drop" type system, if it ever existed, would be that skins become very similar looking and functionality is suddenly crippled due to not being able to write your own views etc. The current system, though clearly limited to those with a decent amount of coding knowledge, is great and has allowed skin designers to produce awesome new look and feel interfaces over the years.

I agree, to an extent with your request though.

How about a combination of the two elements? Coding + plus drag & drop (for noobs)...

Would be great to see...
Any plans for Gotham support? maybe a beta release of some sort?
Hitcher is working on Conq and Alaska right now.
When he is finished and have some time and is willing to code, he'll pick up this amazing skin. Skinners aren't robots.

About the easiness of skin writing, please discuss this in another thread. This one is for Celestium.
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Celestium14