[Feature req] database of already scraped movies maintained in case of refresh
Hey guys, a small feature request. As it stands right now if i erase my library in xbmc and then scrape again, all the info has to be redownloaded from the internet. I find even on the fastest connections these databases as damn slow. Over the past 5 years of using xbmc ive probably had to resrape my library dozens of time (osx reinstalls, library general issues, moving hard drives, consolding drives, moving to a usb hub enclosure, moving to nas, mostly its been because my library paths change basically) and i find it odd that i have to redownload all this data and wait hours if not days before i get my library fully operational. Wth a 10 tb drive now its a duanting task to rescrape everything.

Why not have xbmc maintain a downloaded movie/tv info database separately. this way xbmc has an option that asks hey while we scrape your library do you want to use old info you alredy have downloaded since it eems youve scraped these movies and tv shows before yes or no. If i do no sure redownload everything. But if i say yes then just use the old offline stuff i have and just download anything thats not already in my offline db.

I think this would make life muuuchhh simpler.
You can export the downloaded information to NFO files and save the thumbnails/fanart etc as seperate files as well on your harddisk and next time you have to re-scan your whole library, it will pick up that information and use it instead of getting it from the internet.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Export it to XML. Reimport again. Done.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok so i exported my database to individual files. It succeeded. One little problem though...or maybe its by design. The date modified and date created for all my folders now shows 1970-01-01 because the nfo and jpg files created by xbmc are dated that. Is there any reason they are not dated to todays date?

Also, on a related note, when xbmc scrapes does it use the date of the folder or the date of the video file ?(my directory structure is Movies - Movie Name - Movie video file...and in advancedsettings i've enabled the dateadded=0 option so i see recently addded by when they were added rather than the folder date). I'm guessing this is sure to wreck havoc with peoples libraries if say you export to invidual files, then reimport, and now suddenly all your folders are created 01-01-1970 (and this would apply equally to those using the eden scraping behaviour ,i.e. dateadded=0 option, as well as frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature req] database of already scraped movies maintained in case of refresh0