Disable 'Failed to connect to backend' messages?
Hey all

Is it possible to disable the 'Failed to connect to backend' popup messages that occur if my backend is offline? The Livetv setting 'Do not show 'connections lost' warnings' doesnt prevent these messages from showing up (not sure if that option is meant to disable these popups?). Currently I have to disable Livetv to prevent them as they show up over movies and the notification sound playing over and over is extremely annonying and not very user friendly.

Im using mythtv 0.26 + cmyth addon 1.6.7 + xbmc12 rc3 22-1-13 although I have seen this behavior with openelec /w tvheadend on a combined be/fe but this isnt such a problem as it only happens occasionally on suspend/resume. Ive thought about setting up a slave mythtv on the frontend which could work, but this isnt possible on windows or android.

Any suggestions?
With my skin (MQ4) there is an "enable PVR functions" option under skin settings. Once that is selected, I can see a "TV" option in settings "TV library and playback". In that area you will find the "Do not show connection lost error".
Yeah confluence has that option too but it seems to have no effect..

Using it a bit more and it seems like if xbmc wakes from suspend after previously being connected to the back end it does not show the failed to connect messages but if I then restart xbmc while the back end is suspended it will start to show the messages. I need to look into this more closely.

Does that option suppress failed to connect messages for you? I'm getting the feeling that 'failed to connect' and 'connection lost' , although similar, are different types of errors and they match the type of behaviour I'm seeing. I may enable the 'show connections lost' warning and see I get the popups after having previously been connected to the backend.

Whilst googling I found this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150144

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable 'Failed to connect to backend' messages?0