"ODROID-U2" = fastest miniPC for xbmc on the market?
(2013-01-25, 17:05)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-01-25, 17:01)Ned Scott Wrote: ODROID-U2 is actually sold very close to cost. Even factoring in "accessories", it's a great value for that amount of ARM power. That's the reason I like it so much. It's the best bang-for-your-buck.

Ned that's fair comment but surely if it can't play 720p then it cant be recommended yet?

quote from mdalacu in this thread: "on Android even with libstagefright build you can't watch 720p high bitrate smooth. 1080p is out of the question for now."

I posted a video of it software decoding 1080, and at least three XBMC devs have seen hardware decoding working on it. The most recent libstagefright builds have some weird issue, but those are just test builds right now. We already know it can do it.

That being said, no one should buy any Android hardware right now and expect XBMC to "just work". Not even Pivos XIOS.
I agree Ned, early days for xbmc on Android but it's exciting times with which I hope is rapid development on the platform. I already have a U2, you should get one.... it's proving to be a real fun toy.
Gezz, guys. Chill the frak out. libstagefright is new, it's under dev and it looks promising. ODROID-X2/U2 look very nice. Eventually eveything will get sorted out and life will be good. But until then, yea, it's not prefect but guess what ? We EXPECT that right now. It's early. Remember that is took about 6 months for iOS to settle down. If you can't wait and want something NOW, then move along, there's nothing for you to see here.
(2013-01-25, 18:53)davilla Wrote: Gezz, guys. Chill the frak out. libstagefright is new, it's under dev and it looks promising. ODROID-X2/U2 look very nice. Eventually eveything will get sorted out and life will be good. But until then, yea, it's not prefect but guess what ? We EXPECT that right now. It's early. Remember that is took about 6 months for iOS to settle down. If you can't wait and want something NOW, then move along, there's nothing for you to see here.

Calmer than you are.

Cool
(name the film)
Walter: "Calmer than you are." Smile
shipping $30?

I'm Out. Sad
hi, so just now i received my u2 and it works quite good with xbmc. so now my question: my first device, the rpi with xbian can handle the vob files from the video_ts folder as one movie but the xbmc version on my u2 cant. there is no problem playing single vob files. is this just not yet implemented in this version of xbmc or what am i doing wrong? i also didnt find any similar thread..? atm i'm using the latest nightly build for android (01/27)
about 15 threads below yours

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153543
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just ordered mine. One more thing to play with. Big Grin
How long does shipping to USA usually take?
(2013-01-24, 22:58)mdalacu Wrote: I have this and on Ubuntu XBMC does not open, on Android even with libstagefright build you can't watch 720p high bitrate smooth. 1080p is out of the question for now.
Also on JB and ICS mxplayer and bsplayer don't show the same performance as on Note2 (same soc).
A lot of development is needed to make this platform stable and optimized. Sad

considering buying one of these for use with android and - in particular - with xbmc.

I dont understand the varying reports on this machine.

I thought that i read from an xbmc dev that this machine is capable of playing 720 and 1080 without hw acceleration ie by using software decoding instead.

also, if i am wrong, and xbmc cannot play 720 or 1080 then can i simply setup xbmc to use an external player?
Hardkernel, who makes the ODROIDs, posted a youtube video that showed the U2 playing 1080 content without hardware decoding. I believe they had overclocked the CPU to do so, but that it was stable.
why is xbmc so popular? i am new for this but heard of it many times.
if you want to customize any arm board into special usage, like tv-box or multimedia center etc, you can find us to do the design for you. we are **link removed -read the forum rules, no solicitation**
(2013-05-23, 05:16)franson Wrote: why is xbmc so popular? i am new for this but heard of it many times.
if you want to customize any arm board into special usage, like tv-box or multimedia center etc, you can find us to do the design for you. we are ***URL REMOVED***

So are you spamming on our forums are actually asking a real question?
i am actually asking the question.
we are finding the popular application for embedded arm computer, xbmc could be one, because many people talk about it. but I am new for this topic, can not understand why. my understanding is that xbmc is something like media center software, manage media. but now we have wide bandwidth access to internet and video online, why xbmc?
XBMC is a player, not a service. It's like an incredibly customizable media jukebox. See XBMC (wiki). People mostly use it for their own personal file collections.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"ODROID-U2" = fastest miniPC for xbmc on the market?0