MediaPortal PVR and XBMC Crashing
I have setup MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 as a backend, running TVServerXBMC 1.2.3.118 plugin, and using a HD Homerun HDHR3-US for OTA Reception.
Frontend: running XBMC 12 RC3 on ATV2 (black) on ATV2 version 4.4.4, MP Addon 1.6.6

I've setup MP for TV reception, and detected channels - those are seen in a channel list in the Live TV section of XBMC, however when I select a channel, it says "wait..." and then crashes XBMC, not the whole ATV, but just XBMC, it apparently gracefully quits, as the log file rolls over to .old.

My MP add-on is enabled, with all default settings except for my server name, username and a password. Defaults to TSreader, but it also does this when selecting ffmpeg.

If I set a manual recording, it records, and the TS file plays from the recordings menu.

I've read of people having this working, but I can't think of what I'm missing here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Log: http://pastebin.com/qurd1KFh

Thanks!

I'm going to add here that I setup XBMC on WIndows with all the same settings, and it streams the live TV without incident, making me believe that the problem is not on the MediaPortal end, but on the ATV / XBMC side.

I completely removed XBMC from the ATV2 today and set it up completely from scratch and am having the same issues.

Hoping that someone else can chime in if they know I'm just chasing my tail here, or if it should work - and what the issues are.
I just checked you log file and I don't see any strange behavior at the PVR addon side. Opening the timeshift buffer is ok and XBMC start the demuxer, so if this is triggering the crash it is something in XBMC itself related to the PVR stream processing.
Because I don't have an ATV2 I can't test or find the root cause for your problem, so I'm afraid that I can't help you further. Maybe other ATV2 + MediaPortal PVR addon can help you or share the details of their working setup.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks for taking a look at it, I'll just wait to see if anyone else had any experience/tips on this one.
This thread has been quiet but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm seeing similar behavior with an hdhr 3 cablecard tuner. It works fine on windows, but both ipad 3 xbmc and raspbian installs with latest frodo crash soon after saying waiting on live tv. Even more strangely it all works with my original hdhomerun tuning over the air channels. If i start recording cablecard channel, then play it also works fine. Google only turned up this thread. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I am having a similar problem except XBMC keeps saying under all programs "missing components " I reload all the software and it still has problem. it worked fine for last four months then suddenly components are missing?

any idea

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal PVR and XBMC Crashing0