upnp movie and tv shows linking
Hi,
I have multiple xbmc clients running rc3 and a server also running rc3 when you add upnp sources as media sources it isn't recognised as tv shows and movies and just adds it to the files folder,
Is it possible to skin it so it goes into the upnp server finds the tv shows and movies folders, add them into the media source location on the home screen, so they appear just like the host does?
Thanks,
William
(2013-01-25, 02:34)WilliamABradley Wrote: Hi,
I have multiple xbmc clients running rc3 and a server also running rc3 when you add upnp sources as media sources it isn't recognised as tv shows and movies and just adds it to the files folder,
Is it possible to skin it so it goes into the upnp server finds the tv shows and movies folders, add them into the media source location on the home screen, so they appear just like the host does?
Thanks,
William

no.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Is this needed to be done by client? Because in the setup video it said it was a skinning thing...
which video?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
If your UPnP clients don't have their own local media (i.e., all media located on the UPnP host), you can do something like the following on each of your client XBMC systems:
  1. Video > Files
  2. Locate your UPnP share for your movies, open its context menu and select "Add to favourites"
  3. Do the same for your UPnP share for your TV shows
  4. System > Skin > Customizers > Main menu item customizer (background, widgets)
  5. Select MOVIES > Change type > Favourite > select the favourite you had created earlier for your UPnP movies
  6. Rinse-and-repeat for TV SHOWS
Now, when you select MOVIES or TV SHOWS on the clients, it will display the movies or TV shows from your UPnP server. Again, this is assuming the clients don't have their own local movie/TV show content, since these changes displace the default behaviors of the MOVIES and TV SHOWS menu items. Another caveat is that if you go into the submenu for MOVIES or TV SHOWS and select an option there (e.g., Title), it will look in its local library, and you'll see a blank page since there are no local items for the clients, so it may be a good idea to simply disable the submenu items via the customizer so they won't even show up and cause confusion. Also, these instructions are for Aeon Nox 4.0.x, which I assume you are using since you're running Frodo.
No. Read the wiki about upnp sources. I made a windows smb share with my upnp and xbmc scans them into the appropriate libraries, that way, on my ATV2 and Windows 7 HTPC.
(2013-01-25, 04:50)Jmhthefirst Wrote: No. Read the wiki about upnp sources. I made a windows smb share with my upnp and xbmc scans them into the appropriate libraries, that way, on my ATV2 and Windows 7 HTPC.

The OP is already using UPnP to share his library with his client systems. Now he wants to know if there's a way to access that content from the Movies and TV shows main menu options instead of having to drill down Videos > Files. Whether or not he meant having these shared files scraped into local libraries on each individual client is not clear. If the answer is yes, then certainly SMB could be a solution. Otherwise, the UPnP solution offered above would be simpler to implement and maintain.
I am using the Confluence skin under XBMC 13.2 and don't see a customizer link (I set my menu options to expert to try to find this information).

My remote system has no local files (I did add one movie and one tv show just to get the menu items to show up).

Is there another approach to accomplish this same task under 13.2 that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Working perfect for me! (with Aeon Nox skin, confluence skin doesn't have customizer link, I think)

Thank you so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upnp movie and tv shows linking0