Advice on Movie Clean-up
So my New Years resolution was to finally work on cleaning up my 1000+ movie collection. My goal is to have:
-All movies in a separate folder in the format movie_title (year)
-Local meta data in each folder including the nfo file, fanart, and poster images
-Have all artwork saved in high res, so it looks great on 1080p

My reasoning is that it will allow me to increase scraping speeds, easily add new media centers, and consistently have

To date I've moved all the movies into folders, and have an nfo file for each. Here are the remaining tasks that need to be done that I'm looking for advice to get done as painlessly as possible:
-Some of the folder names aren't correct (for example they have the wrong year) and need to be renamed based on the data in the nfo.
-Some of my posters and fanart are low res and look terrible in 1080p

On the renaming, I've tried using ember bulk renamer, but it must have an issue with the number of movies I have, because it only shows a grey screen when I launch it (1.3.0.7). If I didn't have this issue, I think ember would be perfect for this task.

On the artwork, I've tried deleting the artwork with small file sizes and using ember to scan for missing art. Unfortunately the result is more small size art. I can use MediaElch to scan an individual movie, and it seems to pull down high res art, but with 1000+ movies doing a manual refresh of each would be very painful.

Any thoughts on tools or tricks to help me finish my cleanup would be much appreciated!
(2013-01-25, 22:02)cpmiller22 Wrote: On the renaming, I've tried using ember bulk renamer, but it must have an issue with the number of movies I have, because it only shows a grey screen when I launch it (1.3.0.7). If I didn't have this issue, I think ember would be perfect for this task.

I am using the same version of EMM and i recently did just what you are trying to do (some of my older movies in my libray didnt have the year in the folder/file name and if you have more than one movie with the same name it gets confusing without a movie date) i also have over well over 1000 movies and it worked great so id guess that your issue has nothing to do with the amount of movies you have in your library.
ember will work really well for what your trying to get done if you can get it working but one thing to note is that you need to review what it is going to change your titles to before you just let it do it (lesson learned the hard way)

(2013-01-25, 22:02)cpmiller22 Wrote: On the artwork, I've tried deleting the artwork with small file sizes and using ember to scan for missing art. Unfortunately the result is more small size art. I can use MediaElch to scan an individual movie, and it seems to pull down high res art, but with 1000+ movies doing a manual refresh of each would be very painful.

I would guess that you need to adjust your scraper settings so that it only downloads large fanart.

edit:
id like to note that it did take quite awhile for ember to scan my movies and list what it was going to rename and there is no progress bar you just have to wait it out.
(2013-01-26, 03:09)Vampirebat Wrote: I would guess that you need to adjust your scraper settings so that it only downloads large fanart.

edit:
id like to note that it did take quite awhile for ember to scan my movies and list what it was going to rename and there is no progress bar you just have to wait it out.

I've adjusted the settings in ember for posters and fanart to the biggest sizes in the TMDb scraper setting, but still don't always get the high res art like I do with MediaElch. Any tips/tricks?
You can try theRenamer to make quick work of organizing the movies into folders with the year.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks for the tips. It seems that after a windows reboot the ember bulk renamer is working like a champ. My Mac has got me so out of the habit of rebooting as troubleshooting step that I hadn't even thought of trying it!
MediaCenterMaster also works great for renaming movies
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on Movie Clean-up1