Help with Live Tuner setup please
Hello again,

Issues with Live Tuner setup:

I have two PCI tuners in my system, one being an Avermedia A180-A ( ATSC/NTSC tuner) and the second tuner is a Satellite tuner which is a Technisat TT3200 Budget tuner. I also have access to alternate tuners that are listed below.
I have tried two different PVR front ends on two separate installs. I do not remember at the moment what they were called. Neither software plugins were recognized in the Live tuner setup.
Can someone suggest what would be the proper setup for these cards including the alternate tuners if needed due to the installed cards not being supported.

Thank you for your help and time.
GEEMc

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV / nForce 630a w/ HDMI/VGA/RGB/S-Video outputs
Audio: Realtek, High Definition Audio
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz Socket 939
Ram: 2 gig Corsair xms2 xtreme, DDR2
Storage: Maxtor 300gig SATA
Media Tuner cards: Avermedia A180-A, ATSC tuner / Tecnisat DVB_DVB-S2 Satellite tuner card.
*Alternate tuner card-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV5 Gold ATSC/NTSC card, Genpix Electronics Skywalker-CW3K USB Satellite tuner.
Remote control: ATI Remote Wonder Plus, usb, RF controlled not IR
Media Play/Rec device: Standard aftermarket CD/DVD player/recorder.
Stereo Receiver: Onkyo TX SX606
TV: Vizio GV42L FHDTV 10A
aplay -L and aplay -l : http://pastebin.com/YeCmAZJG
lpci and lusb information: http://pastebin.com/j0afctq8

* This HTPC was once a fully built and supported and went by the name of Captiveworks CW3000HD/CW4000HD. Without warning they stopped support and shut down their help forums. The tuner, Divco (LG tuner with Conexant cx23880-39 chipset) came with the HTPC package and the Genpix satellite usb tuner is still supported, is an aftermarket usb tuner device.
To use xbmc as a PVR you need to use a supported backend like mythtv or tvheadend. Xbmc does not do recording itself.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks nickr,

I did install the backend tvheadend and it still did not work. I will take another look at it again.
Ill keep a post here if I find out what I did wrong.
"It did not work" is not a bug report.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As for my statement that it did not work, I was not ready yet to give any further information at that point and if there is some other type of method for a Bug Report, which this is probably not a bug but user / setup error on my part this is all I have at the moment.

I activated tvheadend and when I enabled the PVR in Live TV it just flashed an error at the bottom right corner of the screen.
I then tried the MythTV backend and it did the same, but this error was that it could not connect to MySQL. Apparently when installing MythTV and to the point when it asked for a password for MySQL via the Synaptic Package Manager in XBMCbuntu it did not make the SQL connection. So at this point Live TV sees two back end packages but no connection.
Oddly, in the XBMC package enable/disable section; MythTV was there for a few seconds, 2 items, then disappeared as soon as I enabled them.

So far I have tried a few backends and with no luck. Myth does not see any of the tuners. Most won't connect to the back ens and the others do not even see the card and or the USB tuner. They show up in the lsPCI and lsUSb but are not seen. I'll post the debug as soon as I get to the HTPC with XBMC on it. These devices do work under MS WMC, well at least the PCI cards not the USB but not in Linux for some reason. I'm not about to add Win 7 back on this box here for WMC.
What do you mean "myth does not see any of the tuners"?

I am unsure about your atsc card as I am unfamiliar with it, so lets look at your satellite card. It should show up as a DVB card.

What does
Code:
ls -lR /dev/dvb
show?

When you are in mythtv-setup (you have run mythtv-setup??) it should show as a DVB device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Live Tuner setup please0