Solved Change Airplay Name
Is there a way to change the Airplay to something more friendly like "Living Room"? Right now the default name is XBMC (openelec) for me. I can see how to change the XBMC name, and the openelec host name, but it seems like the name will always be xvmc_name (device_name). I did read this dev thread a while back, but thought I'd see if anything has changed:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118104&page=2

thanks!
system -> services -> devicename.

beside that - this is the ios forum - when you talk about openelec i'm sure you are not using ios...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My question more related to the use of Airplay on XBMC then about running xbmc on an iOS device. Since AirPlay is an apple feature I figured this might be the best place to post, but perhaps I should have posted in general support.

Regarding your response, I am aware how to change the device name as you mentioned, but the airplay broadcast name always seems to appear in the format "xbmc_device name (system_host_name)". I was ideally hoping I could just have the airplay name advertised as something like "Living Room" and not "Living Room (system_host_name).
Thats exactly what it does - if openelec Behaves differently - they changed the xbmc code.

See Running xbmc on iPad and AirPlay from iPod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9wwowxfzlwtpn...2%2008.jpg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks. Turns out it was an issue with my dlink wireless router and bonjour. After I reset my router it works just like you said!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Airplay Name0