Full screen fps changes, then all video lags after a couple of days
StinDaWg

I'd like to believe they do care. Being a nightly reader of the forum, I am always astonished at how much assistance the developers provide to the users of Kodi, and the patience they have with some of the more basic or outlandish comments. (Including mine)

So, the absence of any developer comment/assistance in the threads related to this topic is jarringly obvious.

But I am wondering if it is a problem with Kodi or maybe windows/intel!

I experienced the jerky video again yesterday. I then shut down Kodi and launched MPC-HC and experienced the same jerkiness. Same with windows media player.

I delved around the intel dashboard and noted my CPU clock speed jumping around. It should be 3.1GHz, but it was madly fluctuating between 800MHz-4400MHz approx. should it be doing this? And would this affect the video clock?
just a wee update 4 days now and all content playing and in sync,
(2014-08-18, 13:29)blossom24 Wrote: I delved around the intel dashboard and noted my CPU clock speed jumping around. It should be 3.1GHz, but it was madly fluctuating between 800MHz-4400MHz approx. should it be doing this? And would this affect the video clock?
CPU doesn't run at full speed unless you are using High Performance mode. On Balanced it down-clocks when you aren't doing anything cpu intensive, completely normal.
Came across this thread at Intel, which I haven't seen linked to by any of the threads here at Kodi...

https://communities.intel.com/thread/386...0&tstart=0
not sure how that thread though has anything to do with this issue, and from a quick reread of this thread it doesn't happen on just Intel machines

for an update of my testing though, had to close/relaunch xbmc last night as the issue happened whilst watching a tv show so my theory is down the pan Sad
Well so far so good with testing on v14.0 Alpha 2. It's been running now for 7 days 13 hours and the frame rate and menu GUI is still scrolling normal.

Let's hope it stays this way.. Big Grin
I've been rolling on 42 days 13 hours straight with v14 Alpha 2. And the video has been rock solid, just as the day of the reboot.

Great hopes for Kodi v14 final release.
(2014-09-28, 09:43)Skram0 Wrote: I've been rolling on 42 days 13 hours straight with v14 Alpha 2. And the video has been rock solid, just as the day of the reboot.

Great hopes for Kodi v14 final release.

Hi,

I'm testing Helix V14 final now, hope its as good as the Alpha you were testing.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one.
I have this problem as long as I remember.
The system is always on. After a few days the Fps drops back to 8.75 fps in the main screen of Kodi and the system feels very slow. (So not playing a video, but just using the menu)
Memory usage is very low (80% free) and CPU is also low.
After restarting Kodi, the fps is back to 60 in the main menu and after 1 minute or so drops back to 30. (60 should be default according to the options, but 30 is also fine)
The systems feels ok again, until after a few days it drops to 8.75 and become unusable again. Restarting Kodi solves it again and everything works completely ok. (Menu, movies and visualization are smooth)
It's not Windows related, because I never used that. Over the years I used several versions of xbmcbuntu and openelec, upgraded, complete reinstall, different skins, etc. But this problem has always been there in all xbmc/Kodi versions I used.
I'm having the same issue. Tried everything, reinstalled my whole PC, drivers, beta drivers, Isengard. As soon as Kodi is in focus it makes my GPU jump to 99% while scrolling through the UI. It's unusable at the moment. Even after restarts, it's still using all that GPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen fps changes, then all video lags after a couple of days2