Win XBMC Scaling Issues
Hello. I have a strange issue I was hoping someone could help me with. Information about my system is at the bottom of my post.

I have been using XBMC for many years now, and I've always enjoyed it. But suddenly something strange happened, resulting in very very choppy/slow video playback.
I am pretty sure it has to do with scaling. When Im in the menues of XBMC everything works normal. If i check the Video Calibration under System Settings, everything looks good. The Top-Left compensation is 0,0. The Bottom-Right compensation is 0,0 and the Square is 1,0. It seems here that XBMC has picked up on my scaling in Catalyst. (I need to underscan in CCC to get a proper adjusted screen).

However, when im doing a video playback, the scaling is all wrong. If i pause the playback, and use the "task manager" (Picture of an old filmscroll) to enter Video Setting the scaling is crazy wrong. I have to compensate alot just in order to get the Top-Left and Bottom-Right into the picture. It all seems strange.

Do you have any ideas what can be done? I've tried a clean install of XMBC, but it dosnt work. How could this happen? I have not re-installed windows, changed any computer components and so on.
Oh .. I've tried video playback from other software (Media Player Classic) and it works fine. So there is nothing wrong with my hardware it seems. But I want do run XBMC, I've always done that Smile

HTPC:
Windows 7 64
Intel i3 2120T (Stock 2,6ghz)
Kingston Hyperx 4 GB 1333mhz
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5570 VGA - Catalyst 13.1 (Latest)
Samsung UE46D6750 TV

Running XBMC 11.0 (Last stable)
Hardware accleration ON
Adjust refresh rate ON

Let me know if you need more information about my setting or system.

Kind regards, K.S.
Try this

Uninstall Catalyst 13.1 - use Amd tool http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...ility.aspx
Install Catalyst 12.10 Drivers.

I had a lot of problems using Catalyst 13.1 (and betas 13.2, 13.3) with XBMC

MM
u know that u need to adjust the overscan in CCC for every refreshrate (23/24/25/50/60 hz) manually ?
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Scaling Issues0