Operating/Controling a Home Theater System
I'm wondering if it's possible to control home theater systems with a single remote control. I'm aware there are IR Systems available but I'd prefer to use a wireless system, if possible.

Ideally, I'm looking to activate the appropriate HT components and configure each component to the correct settings, based on a scene type, with a single click if a button. For example, Movies scenes would activate the TV, HTPC (XBMC) and HT Receiver while the standard TV scene activates TV, Cable Box/DVR.

Currently, here are the components in my system:
  • TV: Samsung HDTV
  • XBMC: Windows 7, 32bit
  • HT Receiver: Yamaha RX-V367
  • DishTV/DVR:VIP722K DVR

Are there scripting languages available that are compatible with HT Receivers, XBMC and DVR? Where can I find the programming codes for the various equipment? Are additional components needed?

Any assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Do you mean wi-fi? Or wireless? IR is wireless.
Is WiFi an option?
What about a harmony remote?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your comment. The Harmony remotes look good on the surface...Can you define "Scenes"? Have you used them? Do you recommend a specific model?

Would an Ipad work (It generally in my hands anyway)?
If you have an iPad, look no further then iRule or Roomie remote.

Here are some screenshoots of my iRule remote...

All the buttons on the Home page below are scenes, or "Macros"

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Operating/Controling a Home Theater System 0