• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
Thanks again.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Can't get this to work. I think maybe I have a problem with the folder/file naming but I'm not sure what. Here are the settings I'm using-

Inside the "Set Artwork" folder I have another folder named to match the name of the set. It contains two files named "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg".

When I launch the Artwork Automator it doesn't find any artwork.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
You have to rename your files.

See post #1 :

Quote:Example using single artwork folder
\Blu-ray\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-folder.jpg
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Thanks. I was fairly sure it was a problem with the file name.
Would it be possible to add the option to search the artwork in one of the movie folders from the set?
I always put my artwork in the first movie of the collection. In XBMC you can asign any jpg that is in one of the movie folders.

This is because all my movies are in seperate folders.
(2013-08-18, 14:08)JohanBoskamp Wrote: Would it be possible to add the option to search the artwork in one of the movie folders from the set?
I always put my artwork in the first movie of the collection. In XBMC you can asign any jpg that is in one of the movie folders.

This is because all my movies are in seperate folders.

+1

Same request for the same reason.
So I gave it a try however I think it doesn't work with dots. My naming system includes dots instead of spaces due to some 3D tags i use in Aeon Nox 4. So I do use separate collection folder and I have used collection prefix for file name but have figured out that name has to be with spaces (as it appears in XBMC). I may just use simple poster.jpg format the only drawback is that using global search options becomes useless.

Could you tell me why it is not working with the following path (i have only included the folder structure, the movie files are in the folders as in the example of the first CD in the first LOTR):

\Movies 1\HD\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.Collection
\Movies 1\HD\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.Collection\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Fellowship.of.the.Ring.2001\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Fellowship.of.the.Ring.2001.CD1.m2ts
\Movies 1\HD\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.Collection\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Return.of.the.King.2003\....
\Movies 1\HD\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.Collection\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Two.Towers.2002\....
\Movies 1\HD\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.Collection\fanart.jpg
\Movies 1\HD\The.Lord.of.the.Rings.Collection\poster.jpg

In contrast the same setup works for: The.Lion.King.Collection
This are the two collections I have tested so far. The only difference is that each LOTR movie is made of two CDs.

In addition, what happens when a new movie in the set is added but is on a different HDD? XBMC will append it to the existing set but will your program work?

Thanks for the great work and thanks for sharing it with all of us.

EDIT: I have tested it with the whole Harry Potter collection and it works. I have used original BDMV structure. Each movie was one file/CD. So my conclusion is that when movies in a collection are made of multiple files/CDs XBMC file stacks them but at the same time arranges the whole movie in a Movie Set collection. In such scenario something goes wrong with your automator and does not assign the poster and fanart for the collection. Please let me know where to put the jpg files in such case so that the automator works again.
just a minor edit:

for use with the latest Monthly, it needs to be compatible with

myvideos76.db (same for MYSQL)

to do this:
1. go to your addons folder
2. open "script.moviesetart" folder
3. open "lib" folder
4. open "database.py" with Notepad ++
5. go to line 31
6. replace
Code:
DATABASE_VERSION = "75"
with
Code:
DATABASE_VERSION = "76"
Halloween Surprise, I'm back from the dead with a new release! Sorry for my absence, my life has been crazy busy this year.

- Added support for Gotham with new video database version 76
- Added support for separate thumb/poster artwork
- Added support for banner.jpg, logo and clearart artwork
- Added setting to force database updates, to help with invalid texture caching
- Fixed mangled network artwork filenames on Windows

(2013-06-19, 15:49)mikebzh44 Wrote: Yes. Logo is now OK. I share my mod, if you (or someone else) is interested :
Thanks for sharing your mod. I have added support for these types too now, as well as allowing for separate folder vs poster artwork. If anyone wants to use the same artwork for both, just set the filenames to match (eg Thumbnail = "folder.jpg", Poster = "folder.jpg"). You could also comma separate the values so for example Poster = "poster.jpg, folder.jpg" would try to find poster.jpg, but fall back to folder.jpg

(2013-08-01, 01:05)StinDaWg Wrote: I have changed a few of my movie set fanart pictures, rescanned, and they are still showing the old pictures. How do I get it to update properly? I even tried manually changing them via the info dialog but they won't update. It's been 3 days.

Please try again with the new option "Enable forced database update" enabled. Normally if the selected artwork matches what is in the database the addon does nothing and moves on. With this enabled it will remove the existing row in the table and add a new one. This seems to kick XBMC into updating it's texture cache and fixing the problem (at least it did on my local machine).

If this doesn't help others, I may need to look into updating the texture db itself, like MilhouseVH does with his script. That, or do what i did with the original Eden release and perform a file copy to the thumbnail cache folder itself (eww).

(2013-08-04, 20:40)MilhouseVH Wrote: Just an observation from here, it appears that MSAA 0.1.8 is capable of creating slightly mangled artwork filenames depending on whether MSAA is run on Windows or Linux.

Anyway, I'd suggest all the os.path.join() calls are replaced by a function that joins the paths using either a forward or backward slash as appropriate for the path and not the current OS.
This has been fixed. Thanks for the tip!
Good to have you back Trent! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-01, 07:51)trentf Wrote: Halloween Surprise, I'm back from the dead with a new release! Sorry for my absence, my life has been crazy busy this year.

- Added support for Gotham with new video database version 76
- Added support for separate thumb/poster artwork
- Added support for banner.jpg, logo and clearart artwork
- Added setting to force database updates, to help with invalid texture caching
- Fixed mangled network artwork filenames on Windows

Thank you for the awesome addon....sadly 0.1.9 does not work for me on Frodo using a centralized MySQL database... when I launch addon I get an error:

<class 'lib.mysql.connector.error.ProgramingError'>
1049 (4200_: Unknow Database 'MyVideos'

Any idea how I can fix this?

Many thanks,

H.
This is awesome that you have updated the program to handle the backslash problem as add support for logo's! Thank you!

The logo's are showing up when I go into the main menu movies, but not when I use the sub menu "Movie Sets" item. Should the logo's show up in both places and if so how can I figure out a remedy?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-11-03, 02:32)CaptainKen Wrote: The logo's are showing up when I go into the main menu movies, but not when I use the sub menu "Movie Sets" item. Should the logo's show up in both places and if so how can I figure out a remedy?

Not all skins support logos, and fewer still support logos for movie sets as there has never been an easy way to set logo artwork on movie sets. Which skin are you using and are you sure it supports movie set logos?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-02, 06:15)hernandito Wrote: Thank you for the awesome addon....sadly 0.1.9 does not work for me on Frodo using a centralized MySQL database... when I launch addon I get an error:

<class 'lib.mysql.connector.error.ProgramingError'>
1049 (4200_: Unknow Database 'MyVideos'

Any idea how I can fix this?

Sorry about that, when adding support for multiple db versions I accidentally broke support for mysql configs with default db name. Released 0.2.0 to fix this issue.
(2013-11-03, 02:58)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 02:32)CaptainKen Wrote: The logo's are showing up when I go into the main menu movies, but not when I use the sub menu "Movie Sets" item. Should the logo's show up in both places and if so how can I figure out a remedy?

Not all skins support logos, and fewer still support logos for movie sets as there has never been an easy way to set logo artwork on movie sets. Which skin are you using and are you sure it supports movie set logos?

Thanks for responding. I'm using Aeon Nox v4.0.9.

EDIT:
I think it's the plugin.moviesets that was part of the Nox Extras Downloader that is providing the Movie Sets sub menu?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6