• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
(2013-11-24, 04:39)MaxCore Wrote: Pochette = cover case

Merci beaucoup. Smile

(2013-11-24, 04:35)MilhouseVH Wrote: Might it be that he has MSAA configured to look for poster.jpg, when he is in fact using folder.jpg?

And I got the above statement the wrong way around - what I meant to say is "he has configured MSAA to look for folder.jpg, when he is in fact using poster.jpg.". Setting "Pochette" to poster.jpg (or "folder.jpg, poster.jpg") should at least get posters (cover case art) working.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-24, 04:39)MaxCore Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 04:35)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 04:24)saitoh183 Wrote: Your file needs to be the collection name that the collection is called in XBMC.
<collection name>-poster.jpg

No, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg should work given his folder layout, which probably means his filenames are not configured correctly in MSAA (his screenshot unfortunately chops all of that off)

Might it be that he has MSAA configured to look for poster.jpg, when he is in fact using folder.jpg?

Changing the Poster setting to "poster.jpg, folder.jpg" should then work. Not sure what he has for fanart.jpg though, and I' ve no idea what "Pochette" is either - Google translate tells me it's "wallet"... Smile

@Redox: Posting another screenshot with the second (bottom) half of the settings would be helpful.

(2013-11-24, 00:04)Redox Wrote: If I click on Artworks Source (Source des Artowrks) nothing happens.

Nothing is meant to happen, it's just a tab with the name of the current settings panel (of which there is only one panel, and one tab...)

Pochette = cover case

If what the others have suggested doesn't work, then the following points have helped me fix the same issue you are having.
- Highlight Collection and press the "I" Info button and Backspace to force a refresh
- Go into "Movie Sets" and press DELETE button on the set. A spinner will appear, artwork will appear in few seconds, but set will not be deleted. This causes some kind of unique refresh.
- Make sure the fanart and poster are jpg, not png, jpeg or any other format
- If you create a jpg with a transparent background it won't be recognized, therefore you have to modify it by giving the background a color.
- Check the file permissions
- Make sure the Read-only or Hidden file attributes are not checked
- Make sure within the file attribute window that there isn't a Security Block:
"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer."
- Run "texturecache.py C sets" to recache
- Run "texturecache.py jd sets > LogFilePathAndNameHere" to see what artwork is being used for the set
- Even though MSAA is supposed to drill down and use fanart and poster from a movie in the set, if none exist for the set itself, sometimes you must have actual artwork for the actual set.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thanks everyone for your help.

Here is some screeenshots:

The screenshot with the second (bottom) half of the settings

Just to be clear, this is my Main Menu in XBMC:

Main Menu

If I go to the "Films" section this is what I got for Back To The Future Collection (Also for other movie sets):

Into Films section

If I go to the "Videos" section then "Fichers" and into the source of my films, this is what I got (and I want for the "Films" section):

IVideo>Fichiers>Source (Videos>Files>Source)

@CaptainKen:

- Highlight Collection and press the "I" Info button and Backspace to force a refresh -> Doesn't work for me. When I press "I" button over a movie set nothing happens (it works for single movies).

- Go into "Movie Sets" and press DELETE button on the set. A spinner will appear, artwork will appear in few seconds, but set will not be deleted. This causes some kind of unique refresh.
-> Hmmm I don't really understand :/ When I go into a movie set into the Film section, If I press the "delete" button ("suppr" in french ?) it's just asking me if I want removing BTTF II (for example) from the mediatheque.

- Make sure the fanart and poster are jpg, not png, jpeg or any other format -> Clear

- If you create a jpg with a transparent background it won't be recognized, therefore you have to modify it by giving the background a color. -> These are downloaded fanarts (and posters). No transpoarent background.

- Check the file permissions -> Clear
- Make sure the Read-only or Hidden file attributes are not checked -> Clear
- Make sure within the file attribute window that there isn't a Security Block: -> Clear
"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." -> Clear

- Run "texturecache.py C sets" to recache -> Yeah I saw that in this topic many times and I wanted to try it but I didn't really understant how to do it :/

- Run "texturecache.py jd sets > LogFilePathAndNameHere" to see what artwork is being used for the set -> Same here

- Even though MSAA is supposed to drill down and use fanart and poster from a movie in the set, if none exist for the set itself, sometimes you must have actual artwork for the actual set. -> I think I am doing right.

This is a screenshot of my BTTF Collection file:

And into BTTF I:

Something else:

- When I tried to install the add-on with the "Install from a zip file" menu, it didn't work. So I just copied/pasted the zip content into xmbc>add-on.
Maybe a debug log (wiki) of when you run MSAA would be helpful. In theory is should be working fine...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok now it's working !
The "Programs" section was hidden and when I put it back in the main menu to send my log file thanks to Log Uploader (for @MilhouseVH), I didn't click on purpose on MSAA but it asked me to update the Fanart and Artowrks DB and... it worked ! I don't understand why this is only possible to refresh the DB for MSAA through the program section. Anyway it worked !

Just a last question. Is someone may say how I can clear this DB ? I made a mistake with a fanart.jpg and even when I change the fanart in the file of the movie set and I update the DB, in XMBC the fanart doesn't change...
(2013-11-25, 00:47)Redox Wrote: Ok now it's working !
I don't understand why this is only possible to refresh the DB for MSAA through the program section. Anyway it worked !

If you're trying to run MSAA through some other menu, possibly one provided by your skin, then it's likely a problem with the skin. Not sure how else you would want to run MSAA though, are you expecting it to run automatically (it doesn't).

(2013-11-25, 00:47)Redox Wrote: Just a last question. Is someone may say how I can clear this DB ? I made a mistake with a fanart.jpg and even when I change the fanart in the file of the movie set and I update the DB, in XMBC the fanart doesn't change...

See the script in my signature as that can help you re-cache your fanart, although you said you found it confusing - post any questions in the appropriate thread (follow the link) and I'll try and help you there. It's normally pretty straightforward - install Python 2.7.x, download the script, run it (see first post in thread).
Ok thanks a lot ! Now everything is ok Smile

For MSAA, yeah I thought it would run automatically (or when I activate/desactivate the addon). Good to know !

Thanks again !
This is so what I needed. It works great for me on Windows and Linux XBMC's, so I decided to try it on my ION box. A very odd thing happens, though.

When using the addon, Frodo/Gotham: Version 0.2.1, under OpenELEC, Stable - ION x86_64 3.2.4 and 3.2.3, it doesn't compute the database name correctly; so the default, MyVideo.db, is used instead. Since this creates an empty database, the addon gets an error when finding sets in it. A file, MyVideos.db, appears under Database; and an error appears in the log:

Code:
11:45:19 T:140562649966336  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Updating artwork for Movie Sets
11:45:19 T:140562649966336  NOTICE: Unexpected error:
11:45:19 T:140562649966336  NOTICE: (<class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>, OperationalError('no such table: sets',), <traceback object at 0x7fd764acdab8>)
11:45:26 T:140562649966336   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: no such table: sets
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/default.py", line 333, in <module>
                                                found_artwork_count, db_update_count = update_movie_sets(overwrite)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/default.py", line 145, in update_movie_sets
                                                movie_sets = DB.getMovieSets()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py", line 139, in getMovieSets
                                                self.executeQuery(cur, "SELECT * FROM sets")
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py", line 134, in executeQuery
                                                return cursor.execute(query)
                                            OperationalError: no such table: sets
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

It looks to me like the code would always choose MyVideos75 or MyVideos76 unless there is some other error thrown that is not getting logged. I'm not prepared [possibly incapable] to debug python on OpenELEC just this moment; so I edited .../.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py:81 to have the correct name for my system: MyVideos75; and it works fine. I can probably provide additional info if there is interest. Otherwise, this workaround may help others having this problem.
(2013-11-30, 22:59)JustSomeGuy Wrote: This is so what I needed. It works great for me on Windows and Linux XBMC's, so I decided to try it on my ION box. A very odd thing happens, though.

When using the addon, Frodo/Gotham: Version 0.2.1, under OpenELEC, Stable - ION x86_64 3.2.4 and 3.2.3, it doesn't compute the database name correctly; so the default, MyVideo.db, is used instead. Since this creates an empty database, the addon gets an error when finding sets in it. A file, MyVideos.db, appears under Database; and an error appears in the log:

Code:
11:45:19 T:140562649966336  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Updating artwork for Movie Sets
11:45:19 T:140562649966336  NOTICE: Unexpected error:
11:45:19 T:140562649966336  NOTICE: (<class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>, OperationalError('no such table: sets',), <traceback object at 0x7fd764acdab8>)
11:45:26 T:140562649966336   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: no such table: sets
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/default.py", line 333, in <module>
                                                found_artwork_count, db_update_count = update_movie_sets(overwrite)
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/default.py", line 145, in update_movie_sets
                                                movie_sets = DB.getMovieSets()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py", line 139, in getMovieSets
                                                self.executeQuery(cur, "SELECT * FROM sets")
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py", line 134, in executeQuery
                                                return cursor.execute(query)
                                            OperationalError: no such table: sets
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

It looks to me like the code would always choose MyVideos75 or MyVideos76 unless there is some other error thrown that is not getting logged. I'm not prepared [possibly incapable] to debug python on OpenELEC just this moment; so I edited .../.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py:81 to have the correct name for my system: MyVideos75; and it works fine. I can probably provide additional info if there is interest. Otherwise, this workaround may help others having this problem.

I to am having this prob on openelec. I edited database.py line 81 to myvideos75, but still getting the error. Any suggestions.
MSAA references the incorrect DB version for latest Gotham.

I'm running
Code:
    xbmc --version
        XBMC Media Center 13.0-ALPHA11 Git:20131223-3aaba19
on linux/64.

I use a shared mysql database,
Code:
    cat advancedsettings.xml
        <!-- http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml -->
        <advancedsettings>
         <videodatabase>
          <type>mysql</type>
          <host>10.1.1.101</host>
          <port>3306</port>
          <user>xbmc</user>
          <pass>secretpassword</pass>
          <name>xbmc_video</name>
         </videodatabase>

According to @http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_databases/Version_table, the correct database version to use is:
Code:
    XBMC version    Date             Video DB    Music DB    
    13 Alpha 10     November 2013    77 ↑        37
Verifying
Code:
mysql> show databases;
    +--------------------+
    | Database           |
    +--------------------+
    | information_schema |
    | mysql              |
    | test               |
    | xbmc_music37       |
    | xbmc_video77       |
    +--------------------+
    5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

When I exec MSAA, @debuglogs,
Code:
10:36:35 T:140491869910784   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Parsing advancedsettings.xml
10:36:35 T:140491869910784   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - XBMC build version: 13.0-ALPHA11 Git:20131223-3aaba19
10:36:35 T:140491869910784   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Using Gotham DB version: xbmc_video76
10:36:35 T:140491869910784   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Using MySQL connector: {'name': u'xbmc_video76', 'host': u'10.1.1.101', 'user': u'xbmc', 'pass': u'secret', 'type': u'mysql', 'port': u'3306'}
10:36:35 T:140491869910784  NOTICE: Unexpected error:
10:36:35 T:140491869910784  NOTICE: (<class 'lib.mysql.connector.errors.ProgrammingError'>, ProgrammingError(), <traceback object at 0x7fc6d00b9680>)

Note the incorrect DB version used.

Code:
grep "DATABASE_VERSION_GOTHAM.*=" .xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py
    DATABASE_VERSION_GOTHAM = "76"
changing
Code:
-    DATABASE_VERSION_GOTHAM = "76"
+    DATABASE_VERSION_GOTHAM = "77"

now, correctly
Code:
10:42:37 T:140492004128512   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Parsing advancedsettings.xml
10:42:37 T:140492004128512   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - XBMC build version: 13.0-ALPHA11 Git:20131223-3aaba19
10:42:37 T:140492004128512   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Using Gotham DB version: xbmc_video77
10:42:37 T:140492004128512   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Using MySQL connector: {'name': u'xbmc_video77', 'host': u'10.1.1.101', 'user': u'xbmc', 'pass': u'secret', 'type': u'mysql', 'port': u'3306'}
10:42:37 T:140492004128512  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator] - Updating artwork for Movie Sets
10:42:37 T:140492004128512   DEBUG: DialogProgress::StartModal called
and MSAA works as expected
amazing Add-ons thank you for sharing to us ! Wink
very nice, been looking for something like this for a while. Seem I want to use poster not folder though am I missing something?
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
I let XBMC arrange them in sets but this addon can't seem to deal with that is that correct?
(2014-01-25, 01:03)schumi2004 Wrote: I let XBMC arrange them in sets but this addon can't seem to deal with that is that correct?

Did you try the "Enable single artwork folder for all sets" option? Put all your set artwork in that single folder, then run this addon.
Would that be possible to also support the disc art and clearlogo?

Also, can I use this addon if all my movies are in one single folder? What would be the settings to use?

To get something like this::
\movies\Monsters University.avi
\movies\Monsters University-clearart.png
\movies\Monsters University-clearlogo.png
\movies\Monsters University-discart.png
\movies\Monsters University-fanart.jpg
\movies\Monsters University-poster.jpg
\movies\Monsters University-folder.jpg
\movies\Monsters University-logo.png
\movies\Monsters University-banner.jpg
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help