• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
Hi Trentf Smile

i have a Request Smile

to first i must say great tool many thx and sorry for my english ,
my question is , i have pics in .PNG format
can u pls add for PNG then i must not change to all for .JPG.

Greats and many thx
i hope this works
Mysql frodo support?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-03-07, 10:43)Lunatixz Wrote: Mysql frodo support?

Already there since version 0.1.3, though the first post still suggests it is to be added in the next version which may be the reason you are asking.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-03, 23:54)Ecwfrk Wrote: But to help with some of the confusion about the Frodo naming conventions....
Despite what the Wiki might say, while the prefix is required for movies in folders (poster.jpg obviously won't work), by observing it's behavior XBMC also prefers it used for movies in folders.
For example, if you use poster.jpg with movies in folders and then do an export to separate files, you'll end up with poster.jpg and <Movie Name>-poster.jpg in the movie folder. If you then refresh the movie info or rescrape the library, XBMC will read the <Movie Name>-poster.jpg and ignore poster.jpg.

DanCooper put together a nice table of the "Frodo compliant" naming convention based on testing what Frodo exports and prioritizes when scraping existing folders.
Here's his chart (Google translated from German to English with minor edits by me for TOS compliance on other forums):
<snip>

While I don't think anyone is disputing that XBMC Frodo may now prefer a movie name prefix AND artwork type suffix when scraping movie artwork, there is still no standard naming convention for set artwork, and the examples you have given are for movies, not sets. So continuing to use just the artwork type (folder/poster and fanart) and without a movie prefix (or in this case, set name prefix) is entirely valid, or at least, as valid as any other naming convention for set artwork right now.

That's not to say what you suggest shouldn't be supported - that's entirely up to trent - just that I disagree with your assertion that set artwork in Frodo should have a prefix of some sort when using a common folder. In future - if there is to be a standard naming convention when naming set artwork - it could be to use a static name prefix such as "MovieSetCollecton" (eg. MovieSetCollecton-poster.jpg) rather than the set name, so assuming what the future standard for set names might be is just as risky (if not more so) than sticking with what already works! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-07, 11:49)MilhouseVH Wrote: That's not to say what you suggest shouldn't be supported - that's entirely up to trent - just that I disagree with your assertion that set artwork in Frodo should have a prefix of some sort when using a common folder.

I wasn't actually suggesting anything and was only asserting what XBMC actually does as opposed to what the Wiki says. MSAA already works perfectly for me as I use a single Artwork folder. Big Grin

What conventions are supported by MSAA is completely up to the coders. But it's better if any such decisions are made with as much accurate info as possible. I was just trying to help out with that.

Quote:In future - if there is to be a standard naming convention when naming set artwork

It's part of the roadmap. http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
  • Scrape Movie Sets Posters to Video Library Database + Export / Import Set Thumbnails
  • NFO file support for Movie Sets Collection - Having one NFO file for each Movie Set

Can't have importing and exporting without a standard naming convention so, assuming the feature does make it into Gotham, there will be one (TV Sets and set artwork are also on the roadmap).
The one nfo per set thing (again, if implemented) and where they end up wanting it in the library's folder schema will likely be the linchpin of the naming convention for set art as well. What schema it will use and prefer though is yet to be determined AFAIK.
Thank you this, it's a real time saver!

The only snag I've run into is with Aeon Nox v4. This script works fine for sets shown in Movies. However, the Movie menu in AN has a built-in Movie Sets submenu, and this script didn't work there.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
got the following error when trying to run it. Any ideas?
Code:
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [MovieSets] Yes, json use speedup :)
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ############################################################
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)                   #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    script.moviesetart                                    #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Trent Fitzgibbon                                      #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    0.1.7                                                 #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #                                                          #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    Thanks to Frost (passion-xbmc.org) for example        #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - #    code used in this addon                               #
02:20:59 T:2674035520  NOTICE: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ############################################################
02:21:06 T:2674035520  NOTICE: Unexpected error:
02:21:06 T:2674035520  NOTICE: (<class 'lib.mysql.connector.errors.InterfaceError'>, InterfaceError(), <traceback object at 0xa1e290f4>)
02:21:08 T:2674035520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'lib.mysql.connector.errors.InterfaceError'>
                                            Error Contents: TCP/IP port number should be an integer
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/default.py", line 288, in <module>
                                                DB.initialise(dbOnly)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/database.py", line 54, in initialise
                                                database="MyVideos75")
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/mysql/connector/__init__.py", line 44, in Connect
                                                return MySQLConnection(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/mysql/connector/connection.py", line 105, in __init__
                                                self.connect(**kwargs)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/mysql/connector/connection.py", line 333, in connect
                                                self.config(**kwargs)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.moviesetart.frodo/lib/mysql/connector/connection.py", line 257, in config
                                                "TCP/IP port number should be an integer")
                                            InterfaceError: TCP/IP port number should be an integer
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2013-03-18, 08:09)Zxurian Wrote: got the following error when trying to run it. Any ideas?

Can you post your exact advancedsettings.xml - looks like it's the port number that is the problem.
sure.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
  <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
  <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
  <sorttokens>
    <token>a</token>
    <token>the</token>
  </sorttokens>
  <samba>
    <clienttimeout>60</clienttimeout>
  </samba>
  <network>
    <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
  </network>
  <videolibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
  </videolibrary>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.40</host>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.40</host>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
Add <port>3306</port> (or whatever port number you are using) to both <videodatabase> and <musicdatabase>.
adding the port to the advancedsettings worked. Possibly default this to 3306 if not provided to avoid future crashes?

Also, When running addon, it's looking for filenames that could have invalid characters (on Windows systems at least):
Code:
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ------------------------------------------------------------
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Processing movie set: Star Trek: The Next Generation Collection
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - ------------------------------------------------------------
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Existing cached thumb: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/f/f7b34008.tbn
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Existing fanart: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/f7b34008.tbn
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Processing movie: Star Trek: First Contact
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Looking for thumb at: smb://Dionysus/Volume_1/Movies/Star Trek - The Next Generation Collection/Star Trek: The Next Generation Collection-poster.jpg
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Looking for fanart at: smb://Dionysus/Volume_1/Movies/Star Trek - The Next Generation Collection/Star Trek: The Next Generation Collection-poster.jpg
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Processing movie: Star Trek: Generations
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Looking for thumb at: smb://Dionysus/Volume_1/Movies/Star Trek - The Next Generation Collection/Star Trek: The Next Generation Collection-poster.jpg
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Looking for fanart at: smb://Dionysus/Volume_1/Movies/Star Trek - The Next Generation Collection/Star Trek: The Next Generation Collection-poster.jpg
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Processing movie: Star Trek: Insurrection
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Processing movie: Star Trek: Nemesis
14:05:28 T:2803829568   DEBUG: [Movie Set Artwork Automator (Frodo)] - Movie folders: [u'Star Trek - First Contact (1996)', u'Star Trek - Generations (1994)', u'Star Trek - Insurrection (1998)', u'Star Trek - Nemesis (2002)']

on Windows systems, you can't have a colon in the filename, so it shouldn't be trying to look for them. I don't know if there's a "standard" or not, but it seems that every renamer I've used for collections always translates a
Code:
:
to
Code:
-
(space, then dash) when doing the renaming.

P.S., I modded mine to look for <collection name>-<filename> when looking inside folders per your suggestion that's why the logs show that naming format.
For reference, here is my modded version.
I added a setting for "prefix filename with set name", then altered the addon to use that setting to determine the combined filename.
http://d-h.st/ZZ8
(2013-03-18, 06:58)CaptainKen Wrote: Thank you this, it's a real time saver!

The only snag I've run into is with Aeon Nox v4. This script works fine for sets shown in Movies. However, the Movie menu in AN has a built-in Movie Sets submenu, and this script didn't work there.

Bump.

Is it only supposed to work from the Movie main menu, or should it work elsewhere as well?
(2013-03-22, 07:17)CaptainKen Wrote:

Bump.

Is it only supposed to work from the Movie main menu, or should it work elsewhere as well?

I use Confluence Modified skin and set artwork has been applied correctly in both the main Movie view and also the Sets view (submenu under the main Movies menu). When you say the script "didn't work there" - how do you mean it didn't work, none of the artwork had been changed? Presumably this must be something unique to AN4 not using "normal" sets artwork (have you checked with the skin developer?)
(2013-03-22, 13:54)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 07:17)CaptainKen Wrote:

Bump.

I use Confluence Modified skin and set artwork has been applied correctly in both the main Movie view and also the Sets view (submenu under the main Movies menu). When you say the script "didn't work there" - how do you mean it didn't work, none of the artwork had been changed? Presumably this must be something unique to AN4 not using "normal" sets artwork (have you checked with the skin developer?)

Thank you for responding.

Yes, "by didn't work" I'm saying that the artwork isn't showing up.

I didn't check with the skinner because I figured he'd require me to check with Add-on developer first.

Just played around some more and it looks like this is some kind of refresh issue. When I pressed enter on the main collection to view the info and then Esc to go back to all collection view, then the fanart shows up.Some poster.jpg it ignores like for The Librarian.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6