• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
Hi

Please can u help...I am using Gotham and have all my movies in individual folders, and all the movies that belong to a set in there own folders but all in a common folder for that particular set.

When i label the poster in the set folder with just "poster.jpg", and set the prefix setting to off in the movie set addon, it works perfect....but if i turn on "include set name as a prefix" and i label my poster with that set name and "-poster.jpg" at the end, then it doesnt update the set poster....the only time it will update the set poster is if the word "Collection" is in the name of the poster and set name....but as soon as i add "Bluray - Collection" to the poster and set name, then it doesnt work.

Please can u tell me if i am doing something wrong, how to get it to work with "Bluray - Collection" in the set name, as i do this to determine which of my sets are bluray or not.

Thanks
I suppose it could be a problem with regex. Try not including "-" when naming your set
Image Image
Hi

Thanks for your response.

I tried removing all "-" except by "-poster", and it still wouldnt change the poster....only when i removed the word "Bluray" it worked.....it even worked when i added "-", and had removed "bluray". It seems like it wont work if i add any other word except "Collection", after the title name....I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the plugin, but still no success.

Does the folder and poster name need to match the .nfo set name ?

Could u think of why its doing that ?

Thanks
Can anyone tell me what type of image "Thumbnail" is? Landscape/16:9 Thumb?
Another question:

How you handle filename <-> movie set name if movie set name has illegal characters like the ":" in "Mission:Impossible"?
(2014-07-24, 13:33)DanCooper Wrote: Another question:

How you handle filename <-> movie set name if movie set name has illegal characters like the ":" in "Mission:Impossible"?

U can just go to the movie set, press c, change name to whatever u want. On the other hand, If u want to keep the ":", then, i don't know.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
If it has a colon ":" use the minus sign instead "-"
Thank you for hints, but i need a method that will work with any illegal filename character for a proper MSAA integration in Ember Media Manager. That means we need a "Movie Set Artwork Automator" internal solution for this.
We grab the movie set titles from TMDB and manually set name changes can not be the solution.

@trentf: Are you willing to look for a solution together?
I'm not getting my movie set artwork to show up in XBMC.

Gotham / Aeon Nox 5 / Movie Set Artwork Automator

Using TMM to manage the collection.

File structure looks like this example from original post:

Example using single artwork folder
\Blu-ray\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-folder.jpg

Automator is configured:

Enable single artwork folder for all sets
Path to single artwork folder is specified \movies.bluray\movieset artwork
Filenames are set to default (folder.jpg and fanart.jpg)

I don't know if it's set up correctly, or if I need to somehow refresh the database, or it's something else.
Looks like you have your folders/files set up correct.

Next step is to run the Move Set Artwork Automator program.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to double check that XBMC named your movie set "Alien Anthology" and not "Alien Collection" or some variation.

The names have to match.

-Nik
(2014-08-18, 23:41)Ic3y Wrote: Looks like you have your folders/files set up correct.

Next step is to run the Move Set Artwork Automator program.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to double check that XBMC named your movie set "Alien Anthology" and not "Alien Collection" or some variation.

The names have to match.

-Nik

Thanks. It's named collection, that was just the example used in the original post of the add on thread.

I have an extraordinarily simple question I'm afraid. How do you actually *run* the automator? I see it's enabled, and I've configured it and pressed ok. But haven't seen anything like a run command button.
I had the same problem/question. XBMC isn't the most intuitive in this department, I wish they'd simplify it more.

Every skin is different, but at your home screen you should have Movies, TV Shows, Programs, Settings, Exit, etc.

Click Programs.

Then select Movie Set Artwork Automator, it'll ask if you want to update your database, hit Yes.

-Nik
(2014-08-19, 00:21)Ic3y Wrote: I had the same problem/question. XBMC isn't the most intuitive in this department, I wish they'd simplify it more.

Every skin is different, but at your home screen you should have Movies, TV Shows, Programs, Settings, Exit, etc.

Click Programs.

Then select Movie Set Artwork Automator, it'll ask if you want to update your database, hit Yes.

-Nik

Well, I feel a little better about not seeing the run command. It was even worse than that as I had disabled the aeon nox APPs link.

It's run and all have art now. Some are still using the art from the first movie in the set, so I'm off to see if I can see why that is I guess.

Thanks Nik... This is just about the very last thing before I install the system in the house.
In skin Confluence, from the Main Menu (the one with Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music etc.) go into Programs and you should see "Movie Set Artwork Automator" listed - click on it to run it.

Other skins may call the "Programs" menu "Add-ons" or some such, not to mention other languages using whatever is their native term.

You can turn on debug log (wiki) which will reveal more information on what the addon is doing, upload your debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com - just paste a link here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Good to hear.

The most common problem I had with it not showing the art for certain collections was the movie set name XBMC gives compared to what I named the artwork as mentioned above.

"Dark Knight Collection" ended up being "The Dark Knight Collection", etc.

You just have to rename your artwork .jpgs or rename the movie set name in XBMC so they match exactly.

Good luck !

-Nik
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6