• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
So how come none of my files are fanart or poster?
Do as Milhouse says. If you still have trouble, also try putting a .jpg in the "Iron Man Collection" folder called "Iron Man 2008-poster.jpg" and run Movie Set Artwork Automator.

Disc Art = Certain views of MQ5 aren't coded to show disc art (i.e. Multiplex) so pick a different view like "Right List" to see if the artwork is working. Also the settings above in the view has toggles to enable/disable showing discart/logo/clearart. Make sure they are enabled.

Movie set info = make sure you have the latest ExtendedInfo Script.

I added the code to Multiplex view below to show the DiscArt:
(2014-09-11, 01:40)timzy1 Wrote: So how come none of my files are fanart or poster?

I don't know, are you expecting Movie Set Artwork Automator to download artwork for you? That's not what it does - you need to put the artwork in the folders for it to find, it won't download the movie set artwork for you.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
No, I expected artwork downloader to do that for me.

I am trying to get low list with disc art coming out of the side of the case with movie info on side when point over disc. I've seen it said that to achieve this you must run artwork downloader followed by extended info script followed by movie set artwork Automator. When it did not work after doing all these was when I then started reading about how the folder should be organised and how the files should be labeled. If artwork downloader is not going to give me artwork in correct format is their somewhere else I should be looking?

Many thanks.
(2014-09-11, 02:12)timzy1 Wrote: If artwork downloader is not going to give me artwork in correct format is their somewhere else I should be looking?

Many thanks.

Try asking in the Artwork Downloader thread, it should work. Or use an external media manager to grab your artwork, such as Ember.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Artwork Downloader will work for singles movies, etc., but for Movie Sets, you have to download the poster, fanart, logo, clearart, etc. manually and rename them and put in the correct folder as discussed above, THEN run Movie Set Artwork Automator.
Ah yes, good point - Artwork Downloader (or Ember for that matter) won't work for sets/collections.
I think that on new Ember 1.4 beta you can organize and download movie sets artwork.
Image Image
I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks so much to trentf for this amazing tool.
This is easily one of the best addons I've ever used and makes updating images on multiple devices an absolute breeze.

Also a shoutout to Milhouse for his texturecache.py script.

You guys are legends.
How can I make Movie Set logo + Disc art to NOT OVERLAP, please?
(2014-09-27, 04:47)djhifi Wrote: How can I make Movie Set logo + Disc art to NOT OVERLAP, please?

Talk to your skin maintainer, how logo and disc artwork is displayed has nothing to do with this addon.

@Kheiron2711: appreciated, thanks. Smile
Ok thanks.

Btw, the name of the photos and logos must be according to that? ThemovieDB? In order to the automator fetch the correct movie.
(i have all artwork in one folder)

For example:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Collection-logo.png
and
Blade Collection-logo.png

Are not scanning at all. Tried changing to Trilogy, remove the "The", etc...nope, nothing.

Where can we get the correct matching names to do so ?
(2014-09-29, 03:14)djhifi Wrote: Ok thanks.

Btw, the name of the photos and logos must be according to that? ThemovieDB? In order to the automator fetch the correct movie.

For example:

and

Are not scanning at all. Tried changing to Trilogy, remove the "The", etc...nope, nothing.

According to exactly the collection name u have in ur library.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-09-29, 12:34)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2014-09-29, 03:14)djhifi Wrote: Ok thanks.

For example:

and

According to exactly the collection name u have in ur library.

Meaning: According to the Movie Set Name XBMC presents on the jukebox ?

I have movies in separate folders..
Yes, just look the title of the set in ur movie library in XBMC. For example, i use to change some of these names (that i believe XBMC takes from themovieDB), because i don't like the "....trilogy" title (except some specific sagas u know are not going to change, u really never know when they are going to make another movie, so trilogy will get pointless). I prefer "...collection". So, if the set is scraped as "the whatever trilogy", i edit the name from within XBMC (Kodi) to "The whatever collection".
This is the title u must rename ur set art, just as they are in the library (this is, the whatever collection-logo, etc....)
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6