TV Channels Showing Under Radio Stations
Hi,

I'm just trying out the MythTV PVR Addon for Frodo, and I am pretty impressed! One thing I am struggling to figure out an fix is on all my clients (4 Ubuntu, 1 Windows) I had a bunch of "missing" channels (about 60). Well, I just discovered last night that those 60 missing channels are for some reason getting put under Radio Station in XBMC. I don't have, nor have I ever had any radio stations and radio capabilities in MythTV.

Anyone know why this might be happening, and how to fix it? I have tried several PVR database resets, toggling the "use backend channel numbers", etc with no luck. As I said, it happens on all my systems, and with all the same channels.

Thanks!
I had the same problem, nothing worked for me. I had to completely reinstall from the ground up.
By the ground up, do you mean xbmc or MythTV...or both?
What version of Myth are you running?
What types of channels are they? (Are they MPEG music channels like Music Choice)
What tuner(s) are you using?
MythTV version 0.26+fixes. Though I have been carrying this database since 0.17 and upgrading it along the way.

The channels are just normal OTA channels (i.e. an NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS are all marked as "Radio"). It is interesting that it appears that a large majority of the "Radio" channels are multiplexed channels, and only the 1st multiplex is incorrectly marked, and the lower multiplexes are fine (i.e. 8-1 [NBC] marked as "radio", 8-2 and 8-3 properly marked as "TV"...3-1 [CBS] marked as "Radio", 3-2 properly marked as "TV").

The tuners are HDHomeRuns.
Me too, I've only one tv channel ("Giallo" in Italy) listed under radio stations on all my xbmc pvr mythtv frontend.

1 x MythTv Backend: 0.26.0+fixes
4 x XBMC 12.0 Frodo (two on ubuntu 12.10 64bit, one on ubuntu 12.10 32bit and one on OSX Lion)

Two tuners: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 3 and Hauppauge WinTV HVR-900

Thank you!!!
I can actually say pretty definitively (in my case anyways) that all the stations that have been placed under "radio" on my systems are the first multiplex of "multi-multiplex" station, in every single case....

3-1, 8-1, 13-1, 17-1, 41-1, etc are all listed as radio stations and all have sub stations that are properly listed as tv.[/align]
(2013-01-31, 18:01)uncle hammy Wrote: I can actually say pretty definitively (in my case anyways) that all the stations that have been placed under "radio" on my systems are the first multiplex of "multi-multiplex" station, in every single case....

3-1, 8-1, 13-1, 17-1, 41-1, etc are all listed as radio stations and all have sub stations that are properly listed as tv.[/align]

I've been looking at this since your post earlier, your setup is pretty close to mine and I can't figure out how to add channels to the Radio stations section. I have noticed that if you look under the "timer" section, selecta show you can see the "Radio" section, but I don't see it doing anything really...
It looks like you are using non numeric channel numbers. That's not supported by the addon and maybe causes this issue.
Can you try to change the number of an affected channel into a number and test if that fixes the issue?
(2013-02-01, 00:14)cfetzer Wrote: It looks like you are using non numeric channel numbers. That's not supported by the addon and maybe causes this issue.
Can you try to change the number of an affected channel into a number and test if that fixes the issue?

That does not resolve the issue. I took one set of stations (43-1 [ION], 43-2 [QUBO], 43-3 [IONLIFE]) which had been identified as...

Radio Channels: 43 Ion
TV Channels: 43 QUBO, 43 ION LIFE

I changed the channel numbers 500, 501, 502 respectively and did an xbmc pvr database reset and ended up with the exact same results...

Radio Channels: 500 Ion
TV Channels: 501 QUBO, 502 ION LIFE
See my post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1328124
That fixed it, it just ran an update and set is_audio_service to 0 for all rows. Can't see any valid reason to have any of my stations reporting anything other than that. Could be a burp in the way the HDHomeRun reported way back when (I'm thinking 5 years ago?) when I did my channel scan, or perhaps the way MythTV interpreted it way back then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Channels Showing Under Radio Stations0