Solved My new G860 system won't playback video. Possible settings issue?
Howdy all

Okay so I pooched something and I don't know what it was. I was running Eden with a E-350 system and bitstreaming with an HD6450 and everything was fine the menus were just slow so I decided to upgrade.

Today I put together a G860 system using the same HD 6450. Clean install of W7 64bit, all new drivers, threw in RC3 of Frodo and for the life of my I can't get it to play video at greater than 4-5 fps! Look at my CPU useage!

I copied down my previous settings and I must have missed something because I'm almost 100% positive this is what I was using before.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
Have you checked your audio settings? I had the same problem once and that was due to wrong audio settings.
(2013-01-28, 01:00)Amelandbor Wrote: Have you checked your audio settings? I had the same problem once and that was due to wrong audio settings.

Thanks for the reply

Here are my audio settings, nothing I tried worked.

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

See: Windows Settings for AudioEngine (wiki)
Your connected to TV right?

Disable all capable receiver options and lower speaker config to 2.0

Problems solved!

uNi
(2013-01-28, 02:40)Ned Scott Wrote: See: Windows Settings for AudioEngine (wiki)

Thank you I tried that but it didn't help

(2013-01-28, 02:41)uNiversal Wrote: Your connected to TV right?

Disable all capable receiver options and lower speaker config to 2.0

Problems solved!

uNi

No, it's connected to a Denon receiver.

I've been able to verify that it does have something to do with the audio thou. Movies with Dolby Digital only work fine, it's anything that has HD audio that is causing the problem.

I think I'm going to go back to Eden and see if that fixes it.

Are you sure? Because you should be using WASAPI for your set up.
IDK we need a ATI expert here to confim that the drivers in use are correct. Since the OP is adamant he's got everything sorted when clearly thers something amiss.

As Ned says the wiki has current information and thats should help, though your missing of a ton of information to be able to provide proper help form the users that know this backwards.

uNi
(2013-01-28, 03:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Are you sure? Because you should be using WASAPI for your set up.

Thank you sir! Changing it to WASAPI fixed it! But I swear that wasn't an option before. Maybe when I re-did the setup it activated it?

There we go, feel free to mark thread as solved form drop down menu next to subject adn give Ned Sctot a Nice +

uNi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new G860 system won't playback video. Possible settings issue?0