Linux What is this phenomenon?
I'm not sure what to call this phenomenon, so I've had no luck finding a related post. Here goes:

I'm running the latest Frodo build with the latest cmyth plugin, on top of the latest Xubuntu 12.10. HTPC client hardware is a Zotac dual Atom with Nvidia ION2 GPU. My backend is a dedicated mythtv server for my whole house, with a Ceton InfiniTV4 tuner.

When watching TV (we'll just say 1080p for the sake of argument), the definition is not so crisp, but not blurry per se. It's more like "subtly pixelated". It's much more apparent when watching something with lots of action and contrast (like a hockey game). When I get up real close to the screen, I can see some slight separation of the scan lines. It's been like this for several weeks, consistently. So yesterday, I exited XBMC, and loaded Myth Frontend, which did NOT have the same effect.

So can anyone explain what's going on in XBMC? Is this possibly due to my Video or Playback settings?

Any help is much appreciated.
Here's one more thing I just noticed... I do not experience this effect when watching a recording (via cmyth of course)... only for Live TV.
What deinterlacing method are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is this phenomenon?0