• 4(current)
Skipping frames and Audio dropouts OpenElec 2.99 RC2
ok here goes:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32501

I have two another issues that I don't know if are related with this problem. usually when rebooting it freezes just showing the cursor, when it should say "Syslinux...." I have to press reset. The other problem is choosing 720p I fix the overscan but I can't get that setting permanent, I have to fix that again and again.

thank you for your help.

edit: I had debug off: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32504
@francovilar:
Thx for your log. Overscan is a setting /storage/.config/fglrx.conf there you find:

DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan=V0

set this to:

DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan=V1

A better solution would be to set your TV to "Just Scan" or "Fixed" mode, that will make sure you have a 1:1 mapping.
You have to delete the xbmc calibration by pressing "d" when you are in the calib screen.

Concerning the logfile: It does not look good :-) Will look somewhat later - new day or something.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for your help. The overscan I fixed by changing to the panel native resolution (I think 1360x768) the 1:1 mapping on my TV only if choosing PC signal, not interested in that.

When you have time please try to help me with the frame skipping.
(2013-02-05, 15:58)francovilar Wrote: Thank you for your help. The overscan I fixed by changing to the panel native resolution (I think 1360x768) the 1:1 mapping on my TV only if choosing PC signal, not interested in that.

When you have time please try to help me with the frame skipping.

Its a long shot but solved my frame skipping issues... try removing any wifi cards you have in the system (if you rely on wifi, do this just as a test and play a video off a USB key)

not a real solution for you but may help narrow down the problem.

-aPeg

Still no joy for me using the 2 test builds Fritsch made up for me last week. Things improved a bit when I removed my SQL library and just played the file direct from the server but far from perfect. Tried a number of files locally and from server all with same results, audio drops and frame skips. I have to admit I have dropped back to windows for the moment as it runs super smooth, albiet I could only get it to work using 12.10 drivers the latest and anything earlier caused xbmc to run at around 12.5 fps.
I dont have an option to disable wifi on the bios but I don't have wifi enabled on openelec. My board is a asus e35 i deluxe, does anyone have one working with openelec? Returning to windows is not an option, did it work with xbmcubuntu?

Edit: the board is an e35m1 i deluxe
(2013-02-05, 22:40)francovilar Wrote: I dont have an option to disable wifi on the bios but I don't have wifi enabled on openelec. My board is a asus e35 i deluxe, does anyone have one working with openelec? Returning to windows is not an option, did it work with xbmcubuntu?

Hummm that's odd, seems like a very nice MB... usually there are always options to disable built in peripherals?

It may be worth catching it in the act... SSH into the machine while watching a video and type "top" from there it will give you a live readout of processes by CPU usage. When you hit a "stutter" look quick to see if you can find "wpa_supplicant" jump near the top and then go away (until the next stutter).

If that's what you are seeing then the issue is tied to your wifi, from there im sure there are more elegant options that just ripping the card out (i was just being lazy). I don't believe disabling wifi via xbmc makes any differences in this service running, but if you do the above it will tell you for sure.

good luck,
-aPeg

if "wpa_supplicant" is your problem its going to happen on both openelec and xbmcubuntu
(2013-02-05, 22:40)francovilar Wrote: I dont have an option to disable wifi on the bios but I don't have wifi enabled on openelec. My board is a asus e35 i deluxe, does anyone have one working with openelec? Returning to windows is not an option, did it work with xbmcubuntu?

No I could not get audio to work at all in xbmcbuntu. I am sure someone will, get to the bottom of the issue before long. When that happens I'll try it again. I too have no option to disable wireless and I don't want to rip out as that will void my warranty. So reluctantly its windows again I just dont have the time to keep playing with it at the moment.
I compiled my own version from github and I think it fixed my problem... I will do more tests and report back.
Same issue on lenovo q180 and the openelec 2.99.2 - 3.0rc2. With passthrough to receiver. Getting discontinuities and timeout waiting for buffer in the logs when it happens
(2013-02-06, 22:48)francovilar Wrote: I compiled my own version from github and I think it fixed my problem... I will do more tests and report back.

False alarm but I think the problems are less frequent
I cannot reproduce. All of you seem to have a Lenovo Q180 - somebody mind sending this thingy over to me for testing?

And can you check the warmth after having it running for a bit?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-02-07, 08:52)fritsch Wrote: I cannot reproduce. All of you seem to have a Lenovo Q180 - somebody mind sending this thingy over to me for testing?

And can you check the warmth after having it running for a bit?
I don't have a Lenovo. I have a AMD E-350 fusion platform, I think it's very common on HTPC, I'm surprised I'm the only one with this problem
@francovilar:
This I meant. I have two E350 and one E450 and don't see those issues. One of my boards is an Asus E35M1-Pro. The only thing you really have to do is: UMA size 512 MB, if you use a framebuffer in full hd - it could be even more, keep this better disabled.

For fglrx: No driver later than 12.10 Catalyst. Everything that came after is broken and not usable, cause it cannot sync to vblanks.

That's it. And the Audio Settings we have already discussed.
ok thank you for your help. I just don't understand this:
"if you use a framebuffer in full hd - it could be even more, keep this better disabled"
how do I check if it's enabled or disabled?

Edit: and you use the fusion build? or generic?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping frames and Audio dropouts OpenElec 2.99 RC20