Req Mass media copy
Hello

I have a list of +3000 movies and occasionally copy some of them to an external disk to transport them to another house. Actually I do one at a time and it takes me too long.

I'd like to be able to copy all the movies from a list (eg thriller +8 points) on a disk.

Any chance?

thanks
System->Filemanager->add a share pointing to library://video/

Browse, copy.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-01-29, 04:32)jmarshall Wrote: System->Filemanager->add a share pointing to library://video/

Browse, copy.

Thanks for your response but I can´t do this way because I need to apply a few filters before, i.e: just drama films or 1960-70 belic, etc.

So I want to copy to external drive only those files that meets filter conditions
Your smartplaylists show up in the above structure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello

I would like to do the same.
I mean, select Movies through a smart playlist to copie them onto a external HD.
Like that I can copy them to bring them with me or put them on Multimedia stand alone Hard drive (but not selecting one by one, or full collection)

I tried :
1/ Add a source named "library://video/"
2/ browse into this source, I can find playlists

But they are only the files (.xsp like in xbmc/userdata/playlists/video)

I was not able to use playlists to show, then select, then copy mivies to another place...

Any idea ?

Thanks
Off hand I forget if there's any predictable method of figuring out the smart playlist paths, but you can always see what the path of something is by making it a favorite (using the contextual menu) and then looking at favorites.xml. Then you can type that path in as a source. Not very easy to figure out, sure, but it would tide you over in this situation.
I did it...

Same result as before. I'm able to see playlist in System/file manager

but not the result of the smartplaylist, I mean a list of movies( files ) that I can copy to another place

the source that I'm adding is "special://profile/playlists/video/Filmstest.xsp"
same result as adding "library://video/" then browsing to playlist directory

is someone succed in this "task"
Some additional elements in my search :

When I'm browsing library://video/ source, I can see other default selection like "recently added movies".
When I'm selected this, I have a list of files (movies) but they are showed with a size of 0 bytes and I'm not able to copy them to another location

Also

I Have Windows 8 and Frodo 12.2
My database is on Mysql shared between 2 computers.
How to copy files from Kodi Video Playlists.
This will probably work in a similar fashion with Music playlists.

The file manager in Kodi is used to copy the files.

The playlist must be dumb (.m3u), but smart playlists can be converted to .m3u before copying.

A new source must be created in the file manager.
Go to the file manager and select add source. Add "library://video/" and give it a name like "video". While in the file manager create a source to the target destination of the files.

To copy the files:
Files are copied from the left side of the screen to the right side.
On the right side of the file manager --> open the target destination folder of the files. On the left side of the screen --> open the video link created earlier, browse to the playlists, and select the desired dumb playlist to open. Right click and pick "select all", right click and select copy. This will copy the selected files to the folder opened on the right side of the screen.

To convert a smart playlist to a dumb playlist:

First:
Make sure the current "Now Playing" playlist is empty. Navigate to a screen where the pop out menu on the left can be observed. Look for a selection at the bottom of the list named "current playlist". If it is not there your current playlist is empty. If it is there, select current playlist and clear it using the pop out menu on the left. (I have always found the menu on the left in this screen to be difficult to produce.)

Second:
Navigate to the smart playlist, right click and select "Queue item". Open the pop out menu on the left and select "Current playlist". You should see your files. Open the pop out menu on the left and select "save". Give it a name and use the above instructions to copy.
Thanks bwd777. That was a very helpful answer!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mass media copy0