WIP Remapping all keys of Harmony One remote using only XBMC(sw)
I would like to share with you the results of reprogramming the Harmony remote (Harmony One or otherwise) to use on the Raspbery Pi with Raspbmc. I believe that the information below can be useful to any XBMC user (Linux, Windows, etc).

The issue was that RPi with the latest versions of Raspbmc did not respond to keyboard transmissions sent by the remote. I read a lot and found much information, but very scattered, ranging from very technical solutions to no solution.

Here is my quick fix. It is just an example and I hope it saves someone the time I had to spend to sort this out.

A. Start with http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95063
but do not install MCE Keyboard, just install the 2nd one: MCE Keyboard SE, renamed to XBMC(sw)

B. Assign all buttons, using only XBMC(sw) and the appropriate key.
For many keys its obvious, but some I have listed here below for information.
For some keys I could not get it working, so I (ab)used other keys to get the functionality I wanted, you may set any key according to your preference.

Button Device Command Explanation
Channel Down XBMC(sw) PageDown Jumps down 1 page
Channel Up XBMC(sw) VolumeUp [defined in remote.xml] (PageUp does not work yet, is temp fix)
Prev XBMC(sw) Backspace Back to previous screen
OK XBMC(sw) OK
Menu XBMC(sw) Media ContextMenu/OSD in playback [defined in remote.xml]
Exit XBMC(sw) Green Returns to main menu [defined in remote.xml]
Guide XBMC(sw) Guide ContextMenu/CodecInfo in playback [defined in remote.xml]
Info XBMC(sw) Info Displays the info screen
Up arrow XBMC(sw) Red Jump to AudioSettings in playback [defined in remote.xml]
Down Arrow XBMC(sw) Yellow Adjust subtitle delay in playback [defined in remote.xml]
Skip back XBMC(sw) Replay [not working yet in RC3]
Skip forward XBMC(sw) Skip [not working yet in RC3]
Plus XBMC(sw) Teletext Queue/NextSubtitle in playback [defined in remote.xml]
E XBMC(sw) LiveTV AudioNextLanguage in playback [defined in remote.xml]

C. Custom mapping in the user defined remote.xml
Buttons defined in remote.xml overrule the main remote.xml
Create a text file named remote.xml in
Code:
/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/

Paste the following:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <!-- Menu key XBMCsw=Media -->
      <start>ContextMenu</start>

<!-- Exit key XBMCsw=Green -->
      <green>PreviousMenu</green>     <!-- Esc, jump to main menu -->

<!-- Info key -->
      <!-- <info> no adjustments  -->

<!-- Guide key XBMCsw=Guide -->
      <!-- <title> no adjustments -->

<!-- Up Arrow key XBMCsw=Red -->
      <red>Notification(Key, red remotexml-remote, 3)</red>

<!-- Down Arrow key XBMCsw=Yellow -->
      <yellow>Notification(Key, yellow remotexml-remote, 3)</yellow>

<!-- ChannelUp Key XBMCsw=VolumeUp -->
      <volumeplus>PageUp</volumeplus>  -->

<!-- Plus key XBMCsw=Teletext -->
      <subtitle>Queue</subtitle>

<!-- E key XBMCsw=LiveTV -->
      <mymusic>Notification(Key, AudioNextLanguage - only while in FullScreenVideo, 3)</mymusic>
    </remote>
    <universalremote>
       <obc45>Stop</obc45>
    </universalremote>
  </global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <red>XBMC.ActivateWindow(OSDAudioSettings)</red>
      <yellow>SubtitleDelay</yellow>
      <volumeplus>PageUp</volumeplus>  -->
      <mymusic>AudioNextLanguage</mymusic>        
      <recordedtv>ShowVideoMenu</recordedtv>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

I run the latest release of raspbmc and use a TSOP receiver via the GPIO, I can not get the skip forward and skip back functions to work? Is there something I'm doing incorrectly? I run a logitech harmony 850 (i think, I'm at work) and I have set it up as a couple different MCE remotes to no avail. I should also mention I'm at the maximum number of devices so I can not use your method above of adding the keyboard and MCE SE devices. I have the IR receiver enabled and the MCE RC6 remote selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am having no luck finding information on this topic and the closest I see is your comment about "not working yet in RC3".
Quote:I can not get the skip forward and skip back functions to work?

I have not looked since, so for me too it is still not working.

Quote:I can not use your method above of adding the keyboard and MCE SE devices
You only need one and do not need other devices than the keyboard (eg MCE remote wont work).
See instruction above.

How will you avoid using at least one device like MCE Keyboard SE (renamed to XBMC(sw) ) ?
I am not sure what you are testing.

Try also the raspbmc forum.
http://forum.stmlabs.com/archive/index.p...-6164.html
http://forum.stmlabs.com/archive/index.p...-4693.html

Let me know if you are successful.
KODI: LibreElec on Raspberry Pi
KODI: LibreElec on Asus Chromebox

I used your set up and it works almost perfect except the skip forward and skip back as you stated. I shelled in and ran irw and it appears as though the buttons are sending the correct commands so there must be some problem with Raspbmc using the commands? Guess I'll keep looking. The only time i use this is when skipping through my music. I will keep tinkering too.
Hallo Every one,

I am trying to setup a very simple to use system for my parents in order for them to be able to use their old TV as, so called smart TV, I will set-up Raspbmc with any add on, would it be possible to use a IR (IfraRed ) remote via USB to make it easy for them, i.e. click on the add on click on and/or put them in the Favourites and the go up and down the list to choose the channel etc, yes I am trying to make the raspbmc into a set top box, is it possible, my guess is yes the question is how? I am a bit technical but not much.

If you can help that would be really appreciated.

Thanks
I just set up my raspbmc "Gotham" (GPIO IR rec) with a Harmony 600. I chose the MCE remote in raspbmc settings and also in the Harmony software. Most functions worked "out of the box", but I have to do some manual adjustments to the key-mappings in the Harmony software to get things right (didn't get around to do that yet). My Skip buttons don't work either, but the left/right buttons act as "small skip" in play mode, and the up/down buttons act like "big skip" buttons. This is ok by me! There doesn't seem to be a command to the Movies section, only to Videos, Music, Pictures and Recorded video (the color buttons). The command called Movies in the Harmony software is actually a Back command. The command called Guide in the Harmony software is actually a Context Meny command. Also the Subtitles command work, but isn't mapped by default. The PowerToggle command opens the Power menu, but isn't mapped by default. Also lacking commands to go to the Home screen and to the Favourites meny, have to investigate some more on those! Also still have to set up the xbmc-activity in my Harmony, but one step at a time...

Hope I remembered all this correctly now, I'm at work so I'll have to check at home Wink
Any news on the missing "skip back" and "skip forward" button functionality?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remapping all keys of Harmony One remote using only XBMC(sw)1