Linux xbox controller
Hello all,

Since I'm completely new in the Linux scene, I'm facing some problems connecting my Xbox controller to use with XBMC. Could someone help me or send me a clear how-to? I have XBMCbuntu installed on my pc, and I want to use this controller. Note: I'm really completely new to Linux.
I could use this info aswell
Wired should work out of the box,although last time I checked this was without analog on the triggers. You may need this for wireless controllers:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/
I've seen that page, but I don't know how to install that driver en get everything to work.
XBoxDriver
xboxdrv is a “Xbox/Xbox360 gamepad driver for Linux that works in userspace”, a more reliable bridge between the OS and the gamepad. It fully supports most Xbox controllers, more specifically “Xbox1 gamepads, Xbox360 USB gamepads and Xbox360 wireless gamepads, both first and third-party”, like the Logitech F710 which I’m going to be using in this tutorial.

1. Open terminal run these commands

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:grumbel/ppa

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

You can read more about compatibility at the xboxdrv website, and if you’re having problems with the driver included in Ubuntu by default, then you can always try upgrading to this version.

2. Next, you need to disable the xpad driver. There are two ways to do this.

To permanently disable the driver from being loaded open a terminal and enter the following command:

gksu gedit /etc/modprobe/blacklist.conf
Add the following line to the end of the file to permanently disable the driver from being loaded:

blacklist xpad

Or, for a less permanent way, you can issue the following command in terminal, so you can disable it immediately and avoid rebooting after modifying blacklist.conf.

sudo rmmod xpad

3. Finally, connect your gamepad and run the new driver from the command line.

sudo xboxdrv --silent

The - -silent option prevents the driver from outputting an extreme amount of information about of information about your gamepad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox controller0