• 28(current)
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread
(2014-07-30, 09:15)dunkle Wrote: Cant see how you have custom sub menus with this
Is the following possible with this skin ?

I want

Movies
>Recently Added
>Sets
>Shortcut to Genesis (Which I want to name "Manage Movies")
>Genres
>Favorites

TV
>Recently Added
>Suggested Episodes
>Shortcut to Genesis (Which I want to name "Manage TV")
>Live TV
>Favorites

Settings
>Video Add Ons
>Programs
>File Manager
>Favorites

All in a Horizontal list

I think this should be partially possible. Only the settings part is not possible.
Just use the Custom Menu *Change Submenues* option in the Skin Settings.
Love this skin. Coupled with Advanced Launcher, it's the best thing I've found to provide a console style interface for my PC games library.

I have a couple of questions about tweaking it and I'm not sure if they should be directed toward Advanced Launcher, this skin or XBMC in general:

How can I modify the black areas (I found some XML references to PNG images that I couldn't locate in the skin's directory? I'd like to try a white layout.

Do videos still work with this skin? My extra fanart is showing up in the background as desired, but I couldn't get my trailer to play (named trailer.mp4 in recommended path).

Also, can the placement and size of the trailer video or screenshots/fanart be added or tweaked simply, or does that get into heavy coding within the skin?

Thanks for any input and the dev work that goes into this.

---------------------

My ideal scenario would be to boot into XBMC right into my games list. From there I'd like to scroll through the view with fanart in the background, and a video or fading screenshots in the foreground artwork space within the view. Being able to achieve that would eliminate my hunt for a PC game frontend. I've tried a lot of different solutions (steam big picture, mediaportal, maximus, hyperspin, gameex, etc)....but I just love the look of Cirrus with Advanced Launcher the best. It's the most polished.
Bug 
love this skin. (doesnt everyone? haha)

Having a small bug/issue

everything worked wonderful before i left on vacation for 1 week.
i came back. and the screen was black but could hear sounds. figured it was something with the screensaver. unpluged XMBC box. replugged in, everything working well. watched 5 tv shows my sickbeard has downloaded for me.
i digress.
i went to watch a movie and noticed that the FANART background for the movie (any movie) is the fanart for the last TV show i have selected (not ever watched)

i use Big Poster view. and when i go from the last movie back to the "up/return" icon. i can quickly breifly see the correct fan art for the movie.

as you can see. the fanart background is that of "The Walking Dead"
hello all. I have multi-images for my home screen (ex. music changes backgrounds of different artists on home screen). The problem is when i go into both the artist list and/or in my now playing. If there is no artist fan art associated, the multi-image background shows up. I'd rather have a single default image for the fan art when nothing is associated. I assume i have to do some tweaking in music visualization.xml but not sure what i need to do. Any help is appreciated.
(2014-07-10, 18:38)paradix Wrote: I think there is no such option at this moment. Right now I'm not able to look into it. I should have some time for in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know then.

Bumpty bump Angel
(2014-08-13, 15:07)hydraSlav Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 18:38)paradix Wrote: I think there is no such option at this moment. Right now I'm not able to look into it. I should have some time for in about 2 weeks. I'll let you know then.

Bumpty bump Angel

You would have to change the lines #128 and #158 of file ViewsVideoRightlist.xml to something like:

Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label] - ($INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)])</label>
(2014-08-14, 07:49)paradix Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 15:07)hydraSlav Wrote:

Bumpty bump Angel

You would have to change the lines #128 and #158 of file ViewsVideoRightlist.xml to something like:

Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label] - ($INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)])</label>

Thank you! Will try this tonight
Thank you for this masterpiece of skin! It is amazing how leightweight and fast it is, way better than many others!

I have just one little problem that I can't change the focus on start up. I tried to change the "Start up window" and the "Custom Focus Offset" but both options didn't change anything.
Maybe it's just me but I really tried everything out without any solution.
---------------------------------------------------
I found out how to fix the problem Weather shows up two times when you activate weather fanart:
IncludesHomeMainMenu.xml
Line 431, change
Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton)</visible>
to
Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoWeatherButton) + !Weather.IsFetched</visible>
Better this way:
replace all 4 id="24" blocks with this:
Code:
<item id="24">
    <label>8</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/weatherfanart.jpg</icon>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(ShowWeatherFanart) | IsEmpty(Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir)) | !Weather.IsFetched</visible>
</item>
<item id="24">
    <label>8</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Weather)</onclick>
    <icon>$INFO[Skin.String(HomeWeatherFanartFolder)]$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</icon>
    <visible>Weather.IsFetched + Skin.HasSetting(ShowWeatherFanart) + !IsEmpty(Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir))</visible>
</item>
This will disable the setting
Skin settings -> Home Window -> Weather Condition fanart on home
but make the Fanart option in the weather app works without any duplicates.

But I have still no idea how to make Focus Offset works as it should
To make start up window work as you set in the settings add this:
Startup.xml - Line 52
Code:
<control type="button" id="10">
    <description>trigger</description>
    <onfocus>ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow])</onfocus>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
</control>
I think Cirrus V2 was able to auto-play video snaps in the fanart window, when navigating a game library w/ Advanced Launcher. Is it possible to do this with V3? I tried the play trailer option, but isn't exactly what I'm looking for.
Is it possible to change the cd art disc speed on the home menu?
Well it is possible but you would have to edit the proper xml file.
You can't change it with the skin settings.

(2014-08-23, 08:33)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: I think Cirrus V2 was able to auto-play video snaps in the fanart window, when navigating a game library w/ Advanced Launcher. Is it possible to do this with V3? I tried the play trailer option, but isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Hmm, I was never using the Advanced Laucher myself, but I can remember that I was making some changes in the skin for the trailers.
The plugin/addon author has noticed some problem and mentioned it here some posts ago.

I will have a look, but I can't promise anything.
(2014-08-23, 08:33)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: I think Cirrus V2 was able to auto-play video snaps in the fanart window, when navigating a game library w/ Advanced Launcher. Is it possible to do this with V3? I tried the play trailer option, but isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Could you tell me in which view you would expect the auto play trailer option?
@paradix

Are you thinking about a Kodi release?

If you need testers, I don't upgrade till CE will be available for Kodi, so you can count with me
I'll probably do the update, but not before November. Now I'm really swamped with other things.
I'm trying to switch from Aeon Nox to this, but DL gets stuck at 98%, so I figured I'd get it from Github, and I see this:

"Keep in mind, that before you install from master.zip you need to remove the file ../addons/packages/master.zip
If you forget this step XBMC will install from the zip file in ../addons/packages/ directory"

I checked in program files/xbmc and in appdata/xbmc and I don't have "master.zip," so, I'm good to go then? Thanks for any insight; I appreciate it.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cirrus Extended - Support thread6