Frodo RC3 - Volume controls dont work
I have a Macbook Air with OS X 10.8.2 and when playing video files, I cannot control the volume or volume amplification in xbmc. Even changing the volume on the mac does not affect the video playing in xbmc. The volume level just remains where it was when xbmc was first launched.

I have rolled back to Eden and everything works fine, so I know its not my macbook. I could not find anything similar on the forum. Is this a bug or am I missing something Huh
What is playing the audio? The speakers on the Macbook?
(2013-01-29, 05:22)Ned Scott Wrote: What is playing the audio? The speakers on the Macbook?

Yes, I have tried using the speakers on the macbook and headphones but both don't work.
Very odd. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens in Frodo?
(2013-01-29, 05:36)Ned Scott Wrote: Very odd. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens in Frodo?

Here is the Debug log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31023
I'm not sure, but I think it's trying to use audio passthrough, which would explain why volume controls don't work. I just always assumed that normal audio through speakers would not work if audio passthrough was enabled.

Try going into System -> Settings -> Audio output, and disable the "passthrough" options (the ones that say "capable receiver").
NedScott it might be that he has enabled LPCM (which is PCM passthrough) - which also works for internal speakers but is a bit senseless because it - tadaaa - kills the ability to control volume Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I disabled LPCM and that fixed my original problem. Thanks for your support.

Incase someone else experiences this. After disabling LPCM, I noticed the sound was still suppressed. I compared my audio settings to the Eden version and noticed the speaker configuration was set to 2.1 in Frodo and 2.0 in Eden. Once I changed the it to 2.0 in Frodo, everything worked just perfect.

Thanks again for your support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo RC3 - Volume controls dont work0