• 1(current)
IOS 6.1 jailbroken
Hello people Smile

in best case scenario untethered jailbreak will be released sunday, is there anyone who could anticipate if XBMC for ipad
will be released for 6.1 with hardware decoding? i cant wait for this to be available Smile

Probably not by Sunday.
HW decoding will be a big buh buh on ios6 - but we will try to work something out for sure. We already know that apple changed something which will give us a hard time. But for now - we also rely on the JB release for starting to work on it.

So PLEASE stay patient once its released.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Would streaming 720p mkv's from SMB share still work or does this only affect locally played videos?
(2013-01-31, 14:58)dieselboy27 Wrote: Would streaming 720p mkv's from SMB share still work or does this only affect locally played videos?

only when a flux capacitor is applied
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Depends on the device. I've got an iPad 4 that I would love to install XBMC on, and using existing software-only decoding apps I can playback 720 h.264 files without issue. It even plays back some 1080 content. So I would think A5 Processors and up should be fine for 720 with only software decoding.
That's good to hear Ned. I'm looking forward to updating my iPad 3 to 6.1 and getting those new features but also having XBMC.
I would just stop even thinking about it. If you update to ios6 and i see you posting questions like "why doesn't it work" here around in the forum i will get mad at you :p
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
* davilla orders a truckload of trout to fling...
Mmmmm trout..

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Anything we can do to help once the JB is released?
(2013-02-04, 17:34)smiley2billion Wrote: Anything we can do to help once the JB is released?

Dont ask every day "is it done yet" Tongue
(not personally directed at you)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm planning to jailbreak my iPhone 5 so I may get a sense of how it works on iPad 3. May hold off updating iPad 3 for now.
Well, it works fine on iPhone 5, I i've tried 720p as well as 1080p content and it seems to works flawlessly... The only hiccup is resolution, I can't put videos full screen because the option in resolution is lacking... Other than that, it works perfectly!
Is it done yet? Tongue
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS 6.1 jailbroken0