• 2(current)
IOS 6.1 jailbroken
and now?
No.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-04, 21:03)WisdomWolf Wrote: Is it done yet? Tongue

(2013-02-04, 21:32)juistm Wrote: and now?

Yeah what gives. I finally updated my devices to iOS 6.1 untethered and no HW decoding yet! You guys have had literally MINUTES so far to resolves this. You're all so slow!

Tongue
Wonder if im the first idiot that seen the jailbreak came out. quickly jumped to update my ipad to 6.1 before they wont sign it anymore, and then realizes he just fubarred his XBMC...... Now to decide to wait, or try to go back to older ios which i assume is a huge pain in the ass.
no there are more to come :p
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just tried XBMC on my iPad 4 with iOS 6.1 and I can confirm that hardware decoding is working. Woo!
(2013-02-05, 11:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Just tried XBMC on my iPad 4 with iOS 6.1 and I can confirm that hardware decoding is working. Woo!

which version of xbmc do you have? is it the last official release or a nightly build (frodo rc2)?
I jailbroke my iphone 5 on 6.1 yesterday, installed the orig xbmc repo and installed Eden XBMC. Issue i seem to be having is it will not stream using my wifi connection (even if active) under settings always seems to show 10.23.x.x IP which must be my cellular IP.... any ideas on how to fix this as i dont want to eat up mobile data!
Tried it yesterday as well (iPad 2) and 1080p was no problem at all, but have no idea if it use hw decode.
However, how do I check that it uses hardware decode?

And, should I use official Frodo or a Gotham nightly?
Silly question but how can you tell if hardware decoding is working? Im new to XBMC but am already loving it.
(2013-02-05, 11:55)sasagr Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 11:16)Ned Scott Wrote: Just tried XBMC on my iPad 4 with iOS 6.1 and I can confirm that hardware decoding is working. Woo!

which version of xbmc do you have? is it the last official release or a nightly build (frodo rc2)?

Official XBMC v12 final.
(2013-02-05, 12:26)rajsingh Wrote: Silly question but how can you tell if hardware decoding is working? Im new to XBMC but am already loving it.

I couldn't bring up the video codec into window on the iPad, so I enabled debugging and looked in my debug log (wiki). It will say this line in the debug log:

Code:
FactoryCodec - Video: vtb - Opening
(2013-02-05, 12:29)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 11:55)sasagr Wrote:

Official XBMC v12 final.

I did not jb my ipad yet so I cannot check it myself but are you telling me that the official repo: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/ has already the official XBMC v12 final?
yes, since one week ago.
(2013-02-05, 12:32)Ned Scott Wrote: I couldn't bring up the video codec into window on the iPad, so I enabled debugging and looked in my debug log (wiki). It will say this line in the debug log:

Code:
FactoryCodec - Video: vtb - Opening

Awesome, will check this when I get home and (hopefully) confirm. Big Grin
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS 6.1 jailbroken0