This is my first XBMC addon. It automatically sets the audio and/or subtitle according to your language preferences.
- changes the audio track to the first matching language preference
- changes the subtitle track to the first matching language preference
- changes the subtitle track to the first matching language preference depending on the selected audio language
- changes the audio and/or subtitle track according to the file name
The addon is listed under programs.
- Delay: switching an audio track to early after playback has started leads to a restart of the video. If you encouter this, try raising that value.
- Preference categories: each category can be turn on/off individually. The evaluation order is: audio -> subtitle -> conditional subtitle.
- Try to set the audio and/or subtitle track from the filename first: the number of the first track is 0!
This feature works as follows:
- only audio, only subtitle or both are possible.
- If the audio track is set successfully the audio preference evaluation is skipped.
- If the subtitle track is set successfully the subtitle and conditional subtitle preference evaluation is skipped.
- If nothing is specified in the file name or the track(s) can't be set, the other preferences are evaluated.
The regex is "audiostream[_|.|-]*\d+|subtitle[_|.|-]*\d+"
will result in audio track 1 (cf. remark above) and subtitle track 2 (cf. remark above).
- Custom audio/subtitle preference: you can specify more than 3 languages.
The syntax is
lang1>lang2>lang3>... for audio and subtitles and lang1:lang2>lang3:lang4>... for conditinal subs.
jpn>eng>ger>fin for the audio language or jpn:eng>eng:ger>fin:jpn for the conditional subtitle
- Custom per genre/tag audio/subtitle preference.If no genre/tag# part is provided the pref gets evaluated for any genre/tag. The syntax is
tag/genre1,tag/genre2...#(custom pref; see above)|tag/genre3,tag/genre4...#(custom pref; see above)
kids,comic#jpn>eng>ger>fin|eng>ger for the audio or sub language or kids,comic#jpn:eng|horro#eng:ger>fin:jpn|eng:non for the conditional subtitle
Current version for Frodo: 0.0.4
--- Version 0.0.4
- Added a language called "None". If set as a conditinal subtitle language
subtitles get disabled if the audio language matches.
- Added support for per genre/tag custom preferences. Syntax is
tag/genre1,tag/genre2...#(custom pref; see below)|tag/genre3,tag/genre4...#(custom pref; see below)
If no genre/tag# part is provided the pref gets evaluated for any genre/tag
--- Version 0.0.3
- Custom preferences. Syntax is lang1>lang2>lang3>... for audio and sub
and lang1:lang2>lang3:lang4>... for cond. subs
- Wanilton's Portuguese (Brazil) translation, thanks!
- schumi2004's Dutch translation, thanks!
Problems and bugs
The addon is in an early stage of development. In order to improve it, I need your Debug log file if you encounter a bug.
Some ideas for future versions
- production language with preferred subtitle
- Advanced preferences using text fields
more than 3 languages(done) own preferences per video genre(done)
- Advanced preferences using a gui
- Support preferences w.r.t. channels
- Support preferences w.r.t. codecs