• 4(current)
[Release] Language Preference Manager
(2013-03-28, 11:47)ace20022 Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 21:29)kaffekask Wrote: According to Matroska specifications "unknown" should default to English.

No, the specification says that the default value of the language field is "eng".
But a user or more likely a program that creates the matroska file can assign an arbitrary value--with a length <= 3.
For example mkvmerge sets "und" (undetermined) by default and xbmc outputs this as "unknown".

Correct, the default language is English, and that's what should be shown if no language is set.

Mkvmerge doesn't set anything unless you specify a language, it leaves the value empty if none is defined, if you specify "eng" it also leaves the value empty.

If you open a file without a value in the language tag mkvmerge will show English, if you open it in the header editor it will show that it's not set.

If you open the same file in MPC-HC it will show English as language.

(2013-03-28, 12:14)ace20022 Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 05:36)tevi Wrote: I have several anime episodes that don't have any information for languages for both the audio or subtitle track. When I open the file in VLC and look at codec information it lists the subtitle stream but does not list language or any other metainformation.

You can check the file witg mediainfo, but I guess that there are just no languages set for the tracks.
You could either remux the mkvs with self specified languages with mkvmerge or change tracks' infos with mkvpropedit http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtool...t.examples .

MediaInfo will show English if there is no language set as it should do. (hmm do we see a pattern here Wink)
If you have a real old version of MediaInfo it will not show the language if none is set.

mkvpropedit or the header editor i mmg (File - Editor or Ctrl+E) are the only ways to set English as a language with mkvtoolnix, and they are the best and fastest way to set any language since there is just adding/changing a header attribut and no remuxing.

Edit:
Well, quite embarrasing when you realise that you discuss different things... Blush
So what I wrote is for audio and what Ace wrote is correct about subtitles.
I rechecked this. My mkvmerge sets "und" by default. If I remove the language with the header editor it shows "eng". I checked the output of xbmc and it also shows "eng".
So we are both right, I guess Angel
I sum imo tevi's file has "und" set. Furthermore a preference for "und" or "unknown" isn't meaningful.
My mkvmerge also sets "und" for subtitles if no language is defined, it's audio it leaves empty.
thank you, for this Great Plugin !

Is it possible to add Support for the Audioformat....
It will be Great, if i can choose:

1. AAC
2. AC3
3. DTS

because on my rasperry i like AAC (DTS is not posssible, without stuttering)
And on my other Player i like DTS as Primary.
(2013-04-04, 09:04)Kaba Wrote: thank you, for this Great Plugin !

Is it possible to add Support for the Audioformat....
It will be Great, if i can choose:

1. AAC
2. AC3
3. CDS

because on my rasperry i like AAC (DTS is not posssible, without stuttering)
And on my other Player i like DTS as Primary.

I'm glad that you like it! i added your request to the todo list at the bottom of the first post.

Version 0.0.4 released! Check the first post for the changelog and link.

@tevi I hope our hints were helpful, were they?
Perfekt !! -))
Version 0.0.4 released! Check the first post for the changelog and link.

I'm looking for a nice icon for this addon. Suggestions are welcome!
Thank you. I've just come here to ask how to disable subtitles when audio is in my native language and voila - it's already done :)
I think this add-on should be part of XBMC......

nice job!
(2013-04-04, 12:20)ace20022 Wrote: Version 0.0.4 released! Check the first post for the changelog and link.

Why not use a pimped up version of your avatar Wink
a xbmc logo surrounded by country flags hehehe
Can you recommend settings which act like this:
-if there is polish audio use it and no any subtitles
-else if there is Polish subtitles use it
-else use english audio, subtitles etc
(2013-04-04, 14:53)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 12:20)ace20022 Wrote: Version 0.0.4 released! Check the first post for the changelog and link.

Why not use a pimped up version of your avatar Wink

(2013-04-04, 15:00)fernandovg Wrote: a xbmc logo surrounded by country flags hehehe

The problem is that I'm totally incapable in producing one on my own Blush Something like this https://github.com/Black09/script.videol...r/icon.png would be nice Big Grin Any artist/designer around here?
(2013-04-04, 19:31)Marx1 Wrote: Can you recommend settings which act like this:
-if there is polish audio use it and no any subtitles
-else if there is Polish subtitles use it

I would set it the following way:
  1. 1st audio pref to Polish
  2. 1st subtitle pref to Polish
  3. 1st cond. sub pref to Polish => None

(2013-04-04, 19:31)Marx1 Wrote: -else use english audio, subtitles etc

Can you elaborate this in more detail? Do you mean if no Polish audio and sub is available use English audio and sub? That would yield
  1. 2nd audio pref to English
  2. 2nd subtitle pref to English
Thank you. Those else isn't important because i am too weak in English
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Language Preference Manager2