• 8(current)
[Release] Language Preference Manager
The addon jumps in after xbmc has done it's work, so the addon has a higher priority. Regarding your other questions I'll have look in the source code.
Thanks!

I know Gotham is feature freezed but do you know if will be there filters for smart-lists/tags for tvshows/movies with subtitles in next version?
@Ace20022

Thank you for your conevient add-on. It works like a charm.

XBMC can't force a language in an iso; is there a way to do that with LPM?
I'm a huge fan of this addon in principle, but there is one thing that bothers me, and that's my own hazy understanding. I want the addon to use conditional subs based on any deviation from my native language (in my case, English). I think this is what the addon already does, but I'd like some confirmation.

So, for example, in The Wolverine there are some Japanese language parts. What I want is for subtitles to come on - in English - when any language other than English is being played, and then turn off again when that ceases to be the case.

Will I get that from this addon? If not, is it a planned feature?

Finally, thank you for your work here. Even if it doesn't solve my own problem, I know it's helped others.

EDIT: You asked for icon suggestions. I would suggest the Tower of Babel. Sadly I'm no artist, but it would be a great reference for those who understood it.
Not possible AFAIK
There is no way to identify the content/language in the subtitle.
Unless you add english subtitle and only enable it (OSD) when non-english dialogs
Hmm, thank you for the reply. There is some scope to do something better with Forced Subs, then, since DVD players can do it but XBMC can't. Hence my post in this thread, where I referenced this addon as I hoped it would be the answer.
Lets wait the DEV reply
You are missing the point a bit. What you want are called forced subs. They are subtitle files that only have subs for the part of the video that is not in the language you know.

You need to have these subs, they have to exist. There is no way to dynamically create them from normal subs.
Kib,

Yeah, it looks that way. You should read the other thread I linked in my previous post, though, as it points out some issues XBMC has with Forced Subs atm vs, say, a DVD player. Still looks like there is potential for better extraction and use of Forced Subs in general.
Currently a addon can't query the flags of a subtitle. I have that on my todo list, but with a low priority.
Thanks for the reply Ace. Good to know this issue is at least on your radar, albeit on the outer reaches :-)
Just wanted to post and say thanks for an awesome addon! Had it up and running in about 30 seconds, and tested with four files and all worked wonderfully with the conditional subtitles setting. New default addon for me!
Smile 
Hello Gents. I'm writing to add my two cents.

First, amazing add-on!!

Second, don't be an idiotic user like me. Always put a value in the 'delay in ms' field. I left it blank and I was getting a script error. ace20, you might want to make it automatically fill in zero (or any number for that matter) if someone leaves it blank.

Lastly, someone might have already suggested this (I think I might have already read it in the thread somewhere) but my wish is 'enable xx audio and English subtitles when xx is the video language'. I have an abundance of titles that are foreign with a dubbed audio track (dubbed into English) that loads by default. When the video stream lists a foreign language, I'd prefer to listen to that language and see subtitles.

Again, thanks for a great convenience. This add-on is great.
This could be a stupid question, but can I use this add-on also for streaming films and series? I mean I don't have any films on a HD or something like that, so when I stream a movie from a 3 part addon does it also auto download subtitles?
(2014-03-11, 08:52)benevida Wrote: Hello Gents. I'm writing to add my two cents.

First, amazing add-on!!

Second, don't be an idiotic user like me. Always put a value in the 'delay in ms' field. I left it blank and I was getting a script error. ace20, you might want to make it automatically fill in zero (or any number for that matter) if someone leaves it blank.
There is a default value of 300.

(2014-03-11, 08:52)benevida Wrote: Lastly, someone might have already suggested this (I think I might have already read it in the thread somewhere) but my wish is 'enable xx audio and English subtitles when xx is the video language'. I have an abundance of titles that are foreign with a dubbed audio track (dubbed into English) that loads by default. When the video stream lists a foreign language, I'd prefer to listen to that language and see subtitles.

Again, thanks for a great convenience. This add-on is great.
What do you mean by video language? I know that set a language to a video stream in a mkv, but xbmc doesn't use it.
Having "production language" with eng subs doesn't work also, because xbmc does not store/retrieves this info.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Language Preference Manager2