Metropolis on Kodii 17?
ok solution is to reinstall Jarvis, switch to confluence and install krypton again
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
The alpha version of Metropolis I was working on addressed this, the Kodi changes required me to change it to "Interfaces", it appears to work better on Krypton alpha 2.

I installed Alpha2 today, and if I get any free time I'll continue with that as a base. You can try the version I am working on until Jingai can get an official beta out for Kodi 17.

I recently moved back to the U.S. and am still waiting for all of my possessions to arrive via boat, so right now I only have what I could get in the suitcase, and that means only a tiny 11" laptop. Not really the best thing to write a skin with.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Banners View is not an option for TV Shows with MacGyver's alpha version of Metropolis on Kodi 17 alpha 2.
(2016-07-09, 00:00)gate1975mlm Wrote: Banners View is not an option for TV Shows with MacGyver's alpha version of Metropolis on Kodi 17 alpha 2.

Well, it was, right until they did this with Kodi.
That development change also broke tons of other things/views. (Banner, Gallery, Landscape, Logo, List, LowList, TallGenre, and elements of VideoInfo)

(2016-06-20, 19:09)ronie Wrote: 2016-06-20 Removed Window Names

these deprecated window names are now removed from kodi
  • VideoLibrary <------- when Kodi devs removed this, it broke the Banner view
  • VideoFiles
  • Video
  • MusicLibrary
  • MusicFiles
  • Files
  • PVR
  • Scripts
  • InfoDialog
  • VisualisationSettings
  • NetworkSettings
  • TVSettings
  • GUICalibration

git commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e8e6...35c4feeeeb
pull request: 9886 (PR)

Most skins used that conditional to limit showing non-library views when the user wasn't in a library window, Metropolis is no different. (the other changes broke a lot of other stuff too)
I will try to fix things as I can to meet the ever-changing Kodi development. Smile

Remember, it's not even an "official" alpha. It's more of a whiteboard for development change solutions.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Added some rudimentary fixes for the most recent Kodi 17 development changes.

This will allow most windows to work as they should in the whiteboard version I've made.
Added more changes required by 17. Here is a list a commits.

Here are some screenshots of some of the fixes
Some codec info windows for PVR streams
and videos

Added download size to the addon window

Added the ability to view addon screenshot assets.

Fixed this,
into this

The alpha version should be as up-to-date with the Kodi 17 changes as I can get it.
@MacGyver, thanks again man Smile

I'll get to this soon. Have been on other projects lately.
MacGyver or Jingai, where do I find the add-on zip file to add Metropolis to Krypton Alpha 3?
I'll be working on Kodi 17 support now. Just have had a lot of other projects on my plate lately, but I'm in a position to spend some time on Metropolis now Smile

You can track progress here.
hello....
seem to get some problem with dialog videoinformation ....
in this screen :

if if clic on movie title inside the widget i get this with no background frame.....

with main menu, movies,title, information got his :

How can i get frame background for information from widget selection....??
thank you
Intel NUC 5YPPH-8Go-SSD120go-external drive 1To
Windows 10 PRO - Kodi Krypton 17 - IconMix
Sorry, I have no idea, that isn't something from me or the official build. (The fonts/sizes are wrong, the icon is on the right side of the widgets, and there has never been icons on the home menu for that view)
You'll have to ask the person that created that version/mod? To fix those issues you would need the source code they wrote.
(2016-08-12, 16:35)MacGyver Wrote: Sorry, I have no idea, that isn't something from me or the official build. (The fonts/sizes are wrong, the icon is on the right side of the widgets, and there has never been icons on the home menu for that view)
You'll have to ask the person that created that version/mod? To fix those issues you would need the source code they wrote.

sorry it is my personnal skin modification of git sources for widget presentation and home menu...
but i don't understand this problem....who came with official krypton version too....
At Now, i've solved this background problem....Smile

another problem if i add a favorite widget when i select an item nothing playing but got those logs message for example :
Quote:7:12:26 T:1140 NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: playmedia("d://Music//ArminVanBuuren//Armin van Buuren - A State Of Trance 714.mp3")
17:12:26 T:1140 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:12:26 T:5292 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
17:12:26 T:5292 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(playmedia("d) in playmedia("d://Music//ArminVanBuuren//Armin van Buuren - A State Of Trance 714.mp3")
17:12:26 T:5292 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [PlayMedia("D:\\Music\\ArminVanBuuren\\Armin van Buuren - A State Of Trance 714.mp3")]
17:12:26 T:5292 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
17:12:26 T:1140 ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: PlayMedia("D:\\Music\\ArminVanBuuren\\Armin van Buuren - A State Of Trance 714.mp3")

With another skin, favorite widget play this file without any problem....

thanks
The only thing I can think of is that your version of skin.shortcuts is wrong, or maybe version 17 and skin.shortcuts have issues.
(2016-08-13, 09:29)MacGyver Wrote: The only thing I can think of is that your version of skin.shortcuts is wrong, or maybe version 17 and skin.shortcuts have issues.

ok thank you....
added widget radio.de :

and work nice Wink

anyway thank you for Metropolis skin !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis on Kodii 17?0