• 3(current)
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released
stupid question (sorry - new with XBMC) but how do I get this skin?
(2013-02-10, 17:51)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 00:56)wobbly Wrote: hello love this skin ... on xbmc 12 ... i can't work out how to get (tv show tags) to show under tv show sub menu on mane screen like movie tags.... but if i go to tv show under files menu tv tags is there ... how to put tv tags under tv sub menu mane screen? thank you

As far as I can tell, there are no tags for TV Shows yet. See here.

The Tags node you see under TV Shows->Files is actually the same one you see under Movies->Files.
no the one files/movies tags works only for movies and the one under files/tv/tags only works for tv show ... try it they are not the same
(2013-02-11, 01:31)sapper6fd Wrote: stupid question (sorry - new with XBMC) but how do I get this skin?

Settings->Addons->Get Addons->XBMC.org Addons->Skin->Metropolis.

(2013-02-11, 04:35)wobbly Wrote: no the one files/movies tags works only for movies and the one under files/tv/tags only works for tv show ... try it they are not the same

Huh, you are correct. I haven't actually used Tags and figured since it wasn't listed on the wiki that it didn't exist for TV Shows.

Anyhow, I'll add it, but unless you're pulling from Passion, you won't see the change until the next skin release.
great thank you ... pulling from Passion?
Passion is another repository for addons for XBMC. We use it to distribute nightly builds of Metropolis. They are to be considered unstable -- which means we might break things from time-to-time. But if you want changes earlier (since we tend to do official releases roughly quarterly), this is how you'd get at them.

You can get the repo addon here.
(2013-02-12, 00:11)jingai Wrote: Passion is another repository for addons for XBMC. We use it to distribute nightly builds of Metropolis. They are to be considered unstable -- which means we might break things from time-to-time. But if you want changes earlier (since we tend to do official releases roughly quarterly), this is how you'd get at them.

You can get the repo addon here.
thx for thw info

qwerty keyboard layout osk ? cant seen to fine this in xbmc or skins options, so asking here ,,, add a way to pick the one you like thank you

qwerty keyboard layout osk ? cant seen to fine this in xbmc or skins options, so asking here ,,, add a way to pick the one you like thank you
Hi Jingai,

I have the option enabled to show clearart in the OSD when playing a series/movie. Also have downloaded my clearart in the series folder on my NAS.

The art however is not showing in the OSD. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

testen it on MacBook Air and AppleTV2.

Many thanks!
(2013-02-12, 11:55)wobbly Wrote: qwerty keyboard layout osk ? cant seen to fine this in xbmc or skins options, so asking here ,,, add a way to pick the one you like thank you

Not at all trying to be rude, but I really don't understand what you're asking here.

(2013-02-13, 18:15)jobespierre Wrote: I have the option enabled to show clearart in the OSD when playing a series/movie. Also have downloaded my clearart in the series folder on my NAS.

The art however is not showing in the OSD. Any ideas what im doing wrong?

You need to run Artwork Downloader. Configure it to use local art if you already have art on-disk you want to use.

I know it seems counter-intuitive to have to run AD since you have art on-disk already, but the database entries that Metropolis looks for for the extra art are not created unless you do.
sorry the on screen keyboard atm is set as abcdefg and so on ..... i would like to set it the same as a pc keyboard QWERTY thank you
(2013-02-14, 02:46)wobbly Wrote: sorry the on screen keyboard atm is set as abcdefg and so on ..... i would like to set it the same as a pc keyboard QWERTY thank you

As far as I know, you can't change this. It's an XBMC thing, not a skin thing.
Looks fantastic!

I'd love to have an option for the home menu to NOT wrap. I only use Movies, Tv, Weather, Settings, and Shut Down.

If I could have all five icons span the screen without wrap, that'd make for the ultimate skin. Smile
See here. It's something we're still thinking about.
Just make it 'intelligent'.. if you have less than 'x' items enabled, it dosen't wrap.. if it does, it does.
(2013-02-14, 19:52)ialand Wrote: Just make it 'intelligent'.. if you have less than 'x' items enabled, it dosen't wrap.. if it does, it does.

It's not as easy as that. The attribute is in a spot that XBMC doesn't allow to be variable at run-time. There may be a way around this, but..

..besides that, it's one of about 30 issues that need to be addressed with Metropolis, and neither Stoli nor I have decided to push this one to the top, so it just hasn't gotten the brain cycles it needs to be solved. That's really all it comes down to Wink
I love this skin but since updating to Frodo banners are broken. I see this on ATV1, ATV2, and OSX. Thanks for all your great work.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released2