• 4(current)
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released
(2013-02-14, 19:58)Set845 Wrote: I love this skin but since updating to Frodo banners are broken. I see this on ATV1, ATV2, and OSX. Thanks for all your great work.

You don't say what "broken" means, but I suspect you need to run Artwork Downloader. The easy way to get what it needs is to use the convenience option in the Metropolis settings that says "Click to download artwork" in the Extras/Scripts section.
(2013-02-14, 20:01)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 19:58)Set845 Wrote: I love this skin but since updating to Frodo banners are broken. I see this on ATV1, ATV2, and OSX. Thanks for all your great work.

You don't say what "broken" means, but I suspect you need to run Artwork Downloader. The easy way to get what it needs is to use the convenience option in the Metropolis settings that says "Click to download artwork" in the Extras/Scripts section.

Sorry TV banner artwork is missing so i see the default "banner image unavailable". I have run Artwork downloader and when I do it shows 0 downloaded. I have also clicked to download artwork in the Extras/Scripts section. Same thing. This is the same behavior I have seen with Eden but I always had banners.
Hit 'I' on one of the shows that has no banner. Select Choose Art. Is there a Banner() property there?
(2013-02-14, 20:08)jingai Wrote: Hit 'I' on one of the shows that has no banner. Select Choose Art. Is there a Banner() property there?

Yes it's next to thumb(). the image next to banner is empty.
(2013-02-13, 18:23)jingai Wrote: You need to run Artwork Downloader. Configure it to use local art if you already have art on-disk you want to use.

I know it seems counter-intuitive to have to run AD since you have art on-disk already, but the database entries that Metropolis looks for for the extra art are not created unless you do.

Thanx ! that did the trick!
(2013-02-14, 02:49)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 02:46)wobbly Wrote: sorry the on screen keyboard atm is set as abcdefg and so on ..... i would like to set it the same as a pc keyboard QWERTY thank you

As far as I know, you can't change this. It's an XBMC thing, not a skin thing.

hi found this post qwerty kedboard
i tryed it and works some what .... but messed up don't know if you could have a look to see whats wrong ..... i dont know what iam look to to fix myself thank you
(2013-02-14, 20:12)Set845 Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 20:08)jingai Wrote: Hit 'I' on one of the shows that has no banner. Select Choose Art. Is there a Banner() property there?

Yes it's next to thumb(). the image next to banner is empty.

It is Artwork Downloader's job to set that. If it is not, you need to ask its author.

It's not a skin issue, in other words.
(2013-02-15, 13:26)wobbly Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 02:49)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 02:46)wobbly Wrote: sorry the on screen keyboard atm is set as abcdefg and so on ..... i would like to set it the same as a pc keyboard QWERTY thank you

As far as I know, you can't change this. It's an XBMC thing, not a skin thing.

i tryed it and works some what .... but messed up don't know if you could have a look to see whats wrong ..... i dont know what iam look to to fix myself thank you

It's doable, but I really don't have time to do this right now, sorry.. maybe someone else will step in on modify Metropolis' DialogKeyboard.xml for you.
Big Grin 
(2013-02-15, 16:52)jingai Wrote:
(2013-02-15, 13:26)wobbly Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 02:49)jingai Wrote: As far as I know, you can't change this. It's an XBMC thing, not a skin thing.

It's doable, but I really don't have time to do this right now, sorry.. maybe someone else will step in on modify Metropolis' DialogKeyboard.xml for you.

I was bored and liked the idea, so... I modified Mudislander's code to work with Metropolis on Frodo.
DialogKeyboard.xml.txt (remove the .txt after)

It will default to a QWERTY keyboard, but if you want to switch it back and forth, add this to SkinSettings.xml,
Code:
                    <control type="radiobutton" id="1005">
                        <include>SettingsLabel</include>
                        <label>ABC Keyboard</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(ABCKeyBoard)</onclick>
                        <onclick>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                        <selected>Skin.HasSetting(ABCKeyBoard)</selected>
                    </control>

right after line 4062 (on mine, maybe yours) basically right after this bit of code:
Code:
                    <control type="button" id="1004">
                        <include>SettingsLabel</include>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[31431]</label>
                        <onclick>Skin.ResetSettings</onclick>
                        <onclick>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</onclick>
                    </control>
It will put a check box in the Debug menu labeled ABCKeyboard.

Enjoy. (I checked for errors and all functions, but you never know.)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Wow thank you so much ... great job
I'm giving the virtual keyboard some more thought now and shifting some things around.

The big problem I see with the virtual keyboard in general is that the symbols are tied to the alpha keys; that is, the symbols will be in a strange (and often inconvenient, like braces not being adjacent to each other) order if the layout is QWERTY. Because of this, I almost think it's a good thing to default to the ABC layout so the user doesn't expect it to behave like his physical keyboard.

I did end up moving around some of the modifier and function keys, and probably will offer the QWERTY layout as an option, but I think the way XBMC handles the virtual keyboard in general atm is kind of sub-optimal..
With what I said in my previous post in mind, I don't think I'm going to add the QWERTY layout upstream. I think this should be fixed in XBMC and not in each individual skin. If it's left to the skin authors, we'll all just end up laying it out differently and confuse users who want to switch between skins.

I did, like I noted, move the function and modifier keys into more standard (QWERTY keyboard) locations. Even this I'm a little nervous about, since I think most skins have used the same basic keyboard layout for a long time. After a lot of thought, I think what I did is more 'correct,' but I'm willing to bet I'll see some backlash over it.

Not preventing anyone from modifying the DialogKeyboard.xml file themselves, of course. Just don't think this change should be made upstream in the skin.
(2013-02-16, 02:44)jingai Wrote: I'm giving the virtual keyboard some more thought now and shifting some things around.

The big problem I see with the virtual keyboard in general is that the symbols are tied to the alpha keys; that is, the symbols will be in a strange (and often inconvenient, like braces not being adjacent to each other) order if the layout is QWERTY. Because of this, I almost think it's a good thing to default to the ABC layout so the user doesn't expect it to behave like his physical keyboard.

That shouldn't be the case - take a look at Neon. In any case, I'll put this on my list for my return next month. Smile
-stoli-
(2013-02-18, 16:57)stoli Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 02:44)jingai Wrote: I'm giving the virtual keyboard some more thought now and shifting some things around.

That shouldn't be the case - take a look at Neon. In any case, I'll put this on my list for my return next month. Smile

I just swapped '0' and '9' to test, and it swapped the symbol keys with it. Not even sure how it'd do otherwise without some clever code to analyze the layout of the keys by examining all of the onup/down/left/right tags.
(2013-02-05, 22:19)Jags Wrote: In the Random/Recent lists, is it possible to fix the distortion that occurs for thumbs that aren't 16:9? It seems to happen mostly with older shows with 4:3 thumbs. Can the display be changed to fit the ratio of the thumb, or does it have to be 16:9?

Fixed in f900998.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released2