Win Lost ability to set XBMC to 1920x1080 fullscreen
So this is probably going to be one of those "Duh" things,...but,...
Late last night,..I noticed that XBMC was not at full screen.
I checked the resolution and it was set to 1920x1080, as it had been since day one.
I checked and unchecked the "Show Full Screen" with no change.
If I set to resolution 1360x768,...poof,..Full Screen.

I dumped out to Windows,..and it will show 1080p full screen.
I tried different skins,..no difference.
I checked zooming,..and that's not it.

When I set to 1920x1080 in XBMC,..the screen that is shown has a black space around
the edge,..but the weird thing is that it appears clipped, as if it is zoomed in.

As I said,..it was late,...and I was too frustrated to continue on,..but anyone seen this issue?

Another thing that was a problem,...I always run XBMC at 1920x1080 and full screen,..but there are times
when the resolution will switch itself back to 1360x768. Anyone seen this other issue?
(2013-01-29, 19:37)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: So this is probably going to be one of those "Duh" things,...but,...
Late last night,..I noticed that XBMC was not at full screen.
I checked the resolution and it was set to 1920x1080, as it had been since day one.
I checked and unchecked the "Show Full Screen" with no change.
If I set to resolution 1360x768,...poof,..Full Screen.

I dumped out to Windows,..and it will show 1080p full screen.
I tried different skins,..no difference.
I checked zooming,..and that's not it.

When I set to 1920x1080 in XBMC,..the screen that is shown has a black space around
the edge,..but the weird thing is that it appears clipped, as if it is zoomed in.

As I said,..it was late,...and I was too frustrated to continue on,..but anyone seen this issue?

Another thing that was a problem,...I always run XBMC at 1920x1080 and full screen,..but there are times
when the resolution will switch itself back to 1360x768. Anyone seen this other issue?

In Windows sometimes different refresh rates at the same resolution can have different overscan settings in your graphics driver - so whilst 60Hz refresh may be full-screen (with no overscan compensation black borders), 50Hz or 24Hz refresh may have overscan compensation and thus not appear full-screen. Your desktop refresh rate may have no overscan compensation but if XBMC is changing to a different refresh rate when it runs, that may have overscan settings that are different.

Might be worth manually setting multiple refresh rates (without XBMC running) and checking the overscan settings for each on a normal desktop?
Thanks noggin! Strange thing is,...this had been working fine up until now.
I will check into what you recommend.
However, I do have Windows set to 60Hz,..so not sure what's going on.

Last night,..I was able to get XBMC to full screen at 1080p,...however,....I don't have a clue what it was that made it work.
But then,..and hour later,....XBMC started showing the black borders at 1080p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost ability to set XBMC to 1920x1080 fullscreen0