Atv2 Frodo keeps rebooting
Hi!

I'm having a strange problem... my XBMC keeps rebooting after 10-15 sec every time I launch it (was working just fine before). I've tried upgrading it to the latest "Frodo Release Candidate 3" but it just keeps rebooting. If I unplug my network cable everything is fine. I can use wireless without problem (except it's too slow for HD). Anyone have any ideas, or do I have to reJailbreak it.

/Marcus
Hi Marcus,

Sorry I don't have an idea either but I have a similar problem with my atv2 and xbmc. Since I made the update to Frodo everytime I start the xbmc the atv2 is restarting /rebooting itself!

I would be very happy if someone can give a hint / advice to ix that problem.

thank you!
Have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall to the release version of frodo rather than RC3?
Can you get to LowTide (the apple atv menu) or are you running the xbmc-booter?

(on prior upgrades, sometimes beigelist would get uninstalled causing me some rebooting issues, but I haven't had that with any of the Frodo RCs, just Eden)

since you can get in via wireless, remove xbmc-booter if that's installed, and follow the revert back to stable info from the wiki, which will change your repo, uninstall xbmc, and do a fresh re-install
My atv will boot to LowTide. The strange thing with this problem is that it was working fine for a month (Frodo), and then just started rebooting... Well I will try to do a full uninstall/reinstall.
Same here. Updated through NITO TV, through ATV2 Flash Black 2.1 and manually. All fresh install's as i jailbroke first before installing any of them. Whats happening here?
LOL Might just have answered my own question reading another thread. Its mentioned that removing PLEX can fix a crashing prob. Will try and post my result. On a side note i don't believe we should have to do this to install Frodo....."stable"?
Bug 
Looks like it works by uninstalling plex. I would have figured this out on my own if i didnt install plex before installing XBMC Frodo everytime. Arhh.
And plex should have an update out somewhere (grrr) which fixes this too.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Now that i have it going i cant seem to bring up and install solarmovie and/or sceper my two top addons alongside of 1channel taking a decade to load a page with metadata. Just never ending sh!tty suprises .....Anybody else having these issues?
Just in case someone wants to know...... if anybody is having this problem of missing addons...... they still work if u install them 1 by 1 via .zip instead of using the repos.
Music 
Well damn!!, looks like im going back to eden, sceper and solar just wont work, managed to install via .zip and install worked except to scape the links, just get error. So scratch what i wrote above.... the missing addons all most likely wont work and thats why they are missing..... i would imagine.
Not all addon authors maintain their sh... - so seems those didn't get updated for beeing frodo compatible - you are right.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I've now factory-restored my appletv, installed latest firecore jailbreak and installed the new frodo release. Everyhing was working fine for a couple of hours but after adding sources "my movie library" the disease has returned. This is what it looks like (fresh boot):
http://youtu.be/aPgRpmMxnvg

Now i'm testing it on another network and everything seems stable (no sources connected though).
Ideas?

Edit*
After running smoothly on another network (both wired and wireless) for a couple of hours, I decided to try it at home again... rebooted after 10 sec.
Wink 
(2013-02-04, 09:55)Marcus111 Wrote: I've now factory-restored my appletv, installed latest firecore jailbreak and installed the new frodo release. Everyhing was working fine for a couple of hours but after adding sources "my movie library" the disease has returned. This is what it looks like (fresh boot):

Now i'm testing it on another network and everything seems stable (no sources connected though).
Ideas?

Edit*
After running smoothly on another network (both wired and wireless) for a couple of hours, I decided to try it at home again... rebooted after 10 sec.

So you are saying a default install of XBMC wont auto reboot untill you add a network source ? Is it any source or just the one?. If this is just for watching multimedia files. Just use ATV Flash Black 2.1. It has a media player that i find is much more polished and effective then any xbmc network streaming.

edit by memphiz: - no pirating.
Leftenant - be warned - one more thing like that and i kick you out of the forum. ATV Flash Black is commercial non free software and you offer to support pirating it. Something like that will not be tolerated in our forums.
(2013-02-04, 09:55)Marcus111 Wrote: I've now factory-restored my appletv, installed latest firecore jailbreak and installed the new frodo release. Everyhing was working fine for a couple of hours but after adding sources "my movie library" the disease has returned. This is what it looks like (fresh boot):

Ideas?

Edit*

I am having the exact same problem with Frodo 12.2. Works without cable or on another network. Bring it back home and connect cable. Crash after 10-15 seconds :-( Driving me insane

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv2 Frodo keeps rebooting0