Atv2 Frodo keeps rebooting
Dear All,

After been driving me insane for weeks i tried so many different things that did not help untill i finally tried to change the DNS setting on the Apple TV. I changed it from automatic to manual and used Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8 and entered this as DNS for Apple TV2. And so far no reboots. I am crossing everything i have that this will continue to work :-)
I have uninstalled the PLEX client,- and I still have those weird rebooting issues. I might try to go back to an older release Undecided
Hello.

I tired to change the DNS with any luck. Even uninstall all the XBMC files, even did a new jailbreak, But the same things happens.. Reboot, when it scan for new movies..

So I tried a nightly build.. 21 Maj.. Right now it hasent crashedm, once when I was looking in system etc when it was scanning, So, started XBMC again, it start scanning the movies, and now its been 10min without a crach.. Have like 3-5 TB of movies, and 4TB of series.. So hope it doesnt crach.. and after it scanned that I can see movies, and browse all of them
Alright, I fixed my issue. I have checked if the settings have been properly removed. Turns out they weren't! So I ran it again with:

rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

(as described on the HOW-TO page).
After that everything worked.

It also cleared up a considerable amount of space on my ATV2.
(2013-05-23, 12:21)n8m3 Wrote: Alright, I fixed my issue. I have checked if the settings have been properly removed. Turns out they weren't! So I ran it again with:

rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

(as described on the HOW-TO page).
After that everything worked.

It also cleared up a considerable amount of space on my ATV2.

Any chance you could be more specific? :-) I still have problems and want to try your solution.
my two cents: The problem is something with the network... as soon as I plugged it out ( It seems I have a homeplug which is driving me nuts ) it stopped rebooting. Put it on wifi and everything works fine...
I was also having this problem a couple of weeks ago. Finally resolved it by completely removing and re-installing XBMC. At the same time I changed the set-up of my home network, now using the modem as a router (not as a bridge). Everything worked fine for a couple of weeks. Today I realized I did not reserve a fixed IP address for my ATV2. After reserving the IP address and rebooting (unplugging) the ATV2 to use the changed IP address, the problem returned.

Now I fixed it by:
1. Returning the ATV2 to factory settings (not recovery)
2. Removing XMBC preferences with command: rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
This fixed the rebooting issue, but removed all library art. I had to remove and re-add all video sources, but no problems since.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv2 Frodo keeps rebooting0