Please clarify version number of vdr-plugin-vnsiserver

I am packaging vdr-plugin-vnsiserver for Fedora and would like you to clarify on version numbers. This is important, because we need a constantly increasing version number and I would like to know where to start. ;-)

Currently you have:

xbmc-pvr-addons / addons / pvr.vdr.vnsi / vdr-plugin-vnsiserver / HISTORY:
2010-03-23: Version 0.0.1

xbmc-pvr-addons / addons / pvr.vdr.vnsi / vdr-plugin-vnsiserver / vnsi.h:
static const char *VERSION = "0.9.0";

Tags:
12.0-Frodo

Are you planing to have identical version numbers for "vdr-plugin-vnsiserver" as the whole "xbmc-pvr-addons" or should each addon have its own version number?

Does "xbmc-pvr-addons" has an own version number (like 1.0) or does it follow the version number of xbmc? Your tags seem to follow this scheme.

Please clarify and optimally fill into HISTORY/CHANGES and all other files.

Thanks!
See this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153801

Versions are bumped in any case when the PVR API changes or the communication protocol between the vdr plugin and the VNSI addon. The vdr-plugin will be suffixed by the protocol version. There will be a new version soon:

vnsiserver3
version 0.9.x

The sources of this version will be in opdenkamp master branch. Git allows to checkout this version by git checkout <sha>

Soon after this last version compatible with Frodo I will bump protocol to 4. Users staying with Frodo need to use vnsiserver3 and users going with the development branches need vnsiserverX.

I am not sure if it's worth to maintain the history file or just simply remove it from the tree. We use github for scm and changes can be easily tracked by clicking the History button on GitHub.

Does this make sense for you?

Thx FernetMenta for clarifying this. To be honest, I was confused by the versioning (vnsi-plugin was 0.9 while xbmc add-on was 1.6.x ) when deploying frodo-rc on my main system and therefore used xvdr instead of vnsi. I waited until frodo-final to get this sorted out. thx for the sticky post. I'll switch to vnsi, now.

Just one question (here) as I don't want to spam the sticky:

I use yavdr 0.5 (vdr 1.7.27) on a dedicated backend server. frontend is frodo-stable. Do I get the right vnsi plugins and add-ons when using the default repos? So no need for me to compile anything - I did a lot of that recently and failed due to not understanding of the versions needed - or fetch packages from other sites/repos? Just some configuration and I'm good, I hope.
--
multiple Kodi clients + vdr backend + mysql db
if you use one of our PPAs, then you get everything you need. But that is default vdr from ubuntu repos, It probably won't work with yavdr.
Quote:Do I get the right vnsi plugins and add-ons when using the default repos?

That's a good question. What are the default repos? AFAIK yavdr does also package XBMC. When looking at their Ubuntu ppa it is not clear to me what exactly you would get on installation. At least for the vnsi-plugin it will get more obvious with the suffix. I will maintain the sticky post and show what's compatible.
ok, thx, I'll check ... found something on the yavdr forum regarding this. Looks strange ...

Maybe it will make sense (for me) to go the ubuntu+vdr way for the pvr-backend on the long run as I want a stable and easy to maintain setup. Currently I'm just testing my setup. My wife is not yet involved in the live-tv part ..
--
multiple Kodi clients + vdr backend + mysql db
it will for sure be easier to get rid of yavdr and just use our PPA and default ubuntu vdr.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please clarify version number of vdr-plugin-vnsiserver0