MythTv broke on Frodo release 12 update.
I updated to the release candidate of Frodo today, from RC3. As soon as I reboot. MythTv broke.

The MythTv client was installed before the update, However not it is not listed under Installed add-ons. if I try to re-install it, nothing happens when i select the install option.

Any ideas?
What OS are you using?
(2013-01-30, 04:55)djroketboy Wrote: What OS are you using?

Linux12.10 - idiot me leaves out the most basic of information. - sorry about that.
sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth
is that a bug?
(2013-01-30, 17:37)ylafont Wrote: is that a bug?

what?
(2013-01-30, 07:42)ylafont Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 04:55)djroketboy Wrote: What OS are you using?

Linux12.10 - idiot me leaves out the most basic of information. - sorry about that.
Linux12.10 is so awesome, I want that one too! But my PC will only run 3.2 Sad
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2013-01-30, 17:43)wsnipex Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 17:37)ylafont Wrote: is that a bug?

what?

The PVR client was already installed before the upgrade and did not cross over and had to be installed via CLI since it was not allowed via the XBMC interface. I would not expect that to be by design. Hence my question, is that a bug or normal?
(2013-01-30, 20:31)ylafont Wrote: The PVR client was already installed before the upgrade and did not cross over and had to be installed via CLI since it was not allowed via the XBMC interface. I would not expect that to be by design. Hence my question, is that a bug or normal?

They made the change during the RC phase, so I would say "normal"..

Run "sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth" from command line as wsnipex stated. This will install the plugin again, then you'll need to configure and enable it in the add-ons section.
unless you configured apt yourself in non-standard way(or Mint does that), you should have gotten the plugin automatically. The plugins are "recommends" of the xbmc package and therefore get installed automatically by default.
(2013-01-31, 15:47)wsnipex Wrote: unless you configured apt yourself in non-standard way(or Mint does that), you should have gotten the plugin automatically. The plugins are "recommends" of the xbmc package and therefore get installed automatically by default.

I'm just curious if my perception is right. During the RC phase, I had to find and install the Myth PVR package, it didn't automatically install nor was it recommended to me. Then during the upgrade to final all PVR packages got installed whether I wanted them to or not. But I will also say, this is more than likely the exception and not the rule.
yes, by default all addons get installed, but you can safely remove them again or prevent installation by using --no-install-recommends to apt.

Its a tradeoff between users asking "where are my addons" all over the place and wasting a few hundred KB of space.
(2013-01-31, 15:47)wsnipex Wrote: unless you configured apt yourself in non-standard way(or Mint does that), you should have gotten the plugin automatically. The plugins are "recommends" of the xbmc package and therefore get installed automatically by default.

wsnipex

That was not the case with my update and i do not have any non-standard configuration. My surprise was not that i had to re-install it, but that It could only be install via CLI.

sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth worked like a charm.
I don't care if you call this a bug or a feature, it's a major annoyance. I have XBMC installed on Linux, Windows, and Android. The MythTV PVR add-on worked flawlessly on all three with RC2 and RC3. As soon as I updated to the Frodo release 12, all three broke. When I select a live TV channel, it says "working" (the circular spinner thingy) and everything just hangs.

sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth is the solution for Linux, but how do I fix this on Windows and Android?
I suppose, another possibility is that there was a recent mythtv update that broke this (?).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTv broke on Frodo release 12 update.0