Green Horizontal Line at Bottom
Updated to Frodo and notice now that i get a green horizontal line in videos. If i take off VDAdecoder in video playback it goes away just not sure why this is as I had no issues in Eden. Any ideas and is turning that setting off any problems?
see older threads, this has been discussed at length.
I must be loosing it only thing I have found was people stating to turn off vda other then that nothing on the issue. Sorry if it really is in front of me but I didnt see this discussed in length.
Basically it's a known issue only affecting certain Macs, and it's still being worked out. A fix was found, but that fix caused some other issues, so the lesser evil was chosen (green line). In most cases the Mac in question can run just fine without the hardware (VDA) decoder, as they have more than enough CPU power. It won't hurt anything. At most it might just kick up your CPU fans more, depending on how demanding the video is.
It was discussed but not so obvious as mentioned. The geen line was resolved around december 18th. Then another thread started with people having frame drop issues.

Ill summarize it to my best knowledge:
The conclusion was to bring back the green line to resolve the framedrop issues, If you dont want the green / purple line disable the vda decoder.

So either stay at frodo rc3, no greenline but apparently framedrops (which i never experienced) or accept frodo without vda decoder. Another workaround for frodo is to zoom the files to 101%. Which does the trick for most files. The problem is apparently somewhere in the vda decoder

How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Alright appreciate the help guys that is what i was looking for. I will do stick with VDA decoder disabled it seems to be able to handle most videos atm. Also might look at zooming 101% it really is the smallest line at bottom just a little annoying at times in widescreen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green Horizontal Line at Bottom0