Making home menu with submenu expand
Hi Guys, can anyone help me with this?

my idea is to have the home menu on the left, vertical scrolling. I want the menus that has a SubMenu to expand.

As you can see in purple, the home menu list is coming on top of submenus. I want the them to move to bottom of the SubMenu list, like expand to bottom.
Image:sniffle:
This is what I have atm....

I want it to look like this below

Please let me know if anyone can help please
What I do is put a conditional animation in the buttons below the submenu. I use the slide animation to slide those menu options (music, programs,etc.) down to below the submenu whenever the ID of the submenu group is visible. Then have a fade animation to make the submenu appear with a delay equal to the time you have in the slide animation.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

thanks ZexisStryfe, I will try and find out how to make those happen, im pretty new to all this.

I don't know how to make a conditional animation. but will try and research.

Thanks

if anyone else has a different way of doing this please keep post if you have time, thank you all
controls will be drawn in the same order as placed in the xml. so if you want to have something drawn on top just move it further down in the xml.
conditional animations will only work when using button controls, not when using a list container.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thank you, that worked.

Do you know any ways to expand the menu, something that get me close to my concept? thank you

(2013-01-30, 19:09)phil65 Wrote: controls will be drawn in the same order as placed in the xml. so if you want to have something drawn on top just move it further down in the xml.
conditional animations will only work when using button controls, not when using a list container.

You mean expand/enlarge the image behind the sub menu? Use a zoom animation and keep the width the same.

start="x,y,w,h" end="x,y,w,h"
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
I still cant figure where to add that animation. do I add it to group id= 9001. or the fixedlist id=9000?

(2013-01-31, 00:25)MassIV Wrote: You mean expand/enlarge the image behind the sub menu? Use a zoom animation and keep the width the same.

start="x,y,w,h" end="x,y,w,h"

(2013-02-01, 12:48)MYEtro Wrote: I still cant figure where to add that animation. do I add it to group id= 9001. or the fixedlist id=9000?

You won't be able to do what you want with a fixedlist. You might be able to do this with a grouplist with <usecontrolcoords> set to true and zoom animations on each group that contains the buttons. This is completely theoretical so YMMV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making home menu with submenu expand0