OS X Frame rate drops - Closed
(2013-03-21, 22:43)toiva Wrote: No you have to change it in OSX display preferences. Most common practise is to set it to highest refresh rate available and let XBMC do the refresh rate switching as is needed.

Oh okay Blush

A question before, how do i know what option is the best from 50 hz (PAL) to 60 Hz (NTSC) ? Indeed PAL is a European standard, my case, and NTSC is a US one. Right know i'm gonna test 60 Hz as suggested by fritsch.

Thanks
Nemrod
When/if the refresh rate switching works like it should you don't have to worry about, just set it to 60hz, let XBMC change the refresh rate as it wants and you should be fine. I too live live in Europe and 60hz gives the smoothest UI.

In theory you should be able to set it to 24hz too and let it change from 24hz to 50hz, 60hz and anything between, but i remember reading here on the forums that it would not work in that direction. But i might be wrong.
A quick test show that both of you are right, no more drop. I"m gonna do more tests this WE.

Thanks all of you Big Grin

A question, in case of fast forward there are few seconds when frame rate drops, like if XBMC is sync sound and video. It's a guess of course but is IT normal ?

Nemrod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame rate drops - Closed0